News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PBX Question

Started by Hortoristic, November 18, 2013, 03:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

I was looking at the web site pbxes.com and found a forum that is suggesting you can use their service to initiate outgoing calls using Google peering:
http://www2.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1289421168&sid=6d54a9edffd44cd01f74ba021495f2c0

Is it true I can register one of the PBX sites on my OBI, and it will somehow initiate outgoing calls via GV and not use XMPP protocol?

Most of us know the dozens of ways to get free incoming calls, but is this another solution for outgoing?  Not clear on what some of the costs would be - some of these sites suggest it's free?

drgeoff

Only paid pbxes accounts, not free ones, can configure GV peering.

giqcass

Quote from: Hortoristic on November 18, 2013, 03:31:57 PM
Is it true I can register one of the PBX sites on my OBI, and it will somehow initiate outgoing calls via GV and not use XMPP protocol?

It seems as though they use the same method as Obi currently but I won't swear that is the case.  The price they charge does not make them a likely candidate anyway.  I currently believe the best cheapest solution will be an open source PBX like the one they run on Raspberry PI.  I don't think Obi will upgrade to a new solution.  I would keep an eye on Simonics solution to see if he changes his method but that appears unlikely as well.

I continue to investigate what is possible and I'll post my "Best" solution when the date comes closer.
Long live our new ObiLords!