News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Occasionally fails to connect incoming calls on the PSTN line

Started by jmgVOIP, October 10, 2013, 07:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmgVOIP

I have 2 Obi110 installed in different locations (UK and Spain) and both suffer from the same problem. Most of the incoming calls through the PSTN line connect OK. However occasionally the call does not connect. If I take the phone off the hook there is a dialing tone but the caller continues to hear the phone ringing.

By the way, I used to have 2 SPA3102 withe the same Panasonic phones and did not show this problem.

Any ideas?

Jose

ianobi

Jose - welcome to the forum.

It would be interesting for you to swap one of your Panasonics with a corded phone as a test. Although your problem is only intermittent, problems have been seen with Panasonic phones with OBi before. Here is a more extreme example:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6336.msg40145#msg40145

Also, if your OBi is at default, then the OBi is sending North American cadence ringing to the Panasonics. This means there is a four second gap between rings. Maybe sometimes the Panasonic thinks that the incoming call has hung up in this time and the Panasonic thinks you are making a new call. Try switching the phone port to Physical Interfaces > Line Port > Ring Profile: B. This will send Australian / UK ring cadence to the Panasonic phones, which only has a two second gap.

jmgVOIP

Ianobi, many thanks for your quick reply. I will try both suggestions and let you know how I got on.

The unfortunate thing is that the problem occurs infrequently and consequently tests are slow to perform so I guess I will have to wait a while to find out!

Jose

Karl226

Quote from: ianobi on October 10, 2013, 09:13:38 AM
Jose - welcome to the forum.

Try switching the phone port to Physical Interfaces > Line Port > Ring Profile: B. This will send Australian / UK ring cadence to the Panasonic phones, which only has a two second gap.

I am having a similar problem with the same devices (Obi 110 and Panasonic handset).  Ianobi, how do I switch the phone port as you suggest?  I am in Australia.

ianobi

Karl226 - welcome to the forum.

Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

My original post may look a little confusing. Change to this:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Ring Profile: B

This changes the ringing cadence that is sent to the Phone Port when there is an incoming call on the Line Port from PSTN.

As you are in Australia, then it's worth you changing to this as well:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Calling Features > Tone Profile: B

This should give you standard Australian tones for dial tone, busy tone etc.

Karl226

Hello Ianobi

Thanks for your prompt reply.  However, I am not making much progress.

I have gone to my OBi Dashboard (http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/owned).  Clicking on OBi No takes me to Device Configuration (https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/config/2009668/basic) - one step, no prompts.  This page does not present any values that can be changed.  So I cannot proceed.  Am I at the right place?

BTW:  My OBi110 was supplied by my Australian VOIP provider.  Could/Would it have been already configured for Australian phones?

drgeoff

Quote from: Karl226 on November 20, 2013, 04:47:46 PM
I have gone to my OBi Dashboard (http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/owned).  Clicking on OBi No takes me to Device Configuration (https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/config/2009668/basic) - one step, no prompts.  This page does not present any values that can be changed.  So I cannot proceed.  Am I at the right place?
On that page, at the bottom of third 'column' from the left there should be a rectangular blue button with "OBi EXpert Configuration" in white letters.

Karl226

drgeoff said:  On that page, at the bottom of third 'column' from the left there should be a rectangular blue button with "OBi EXpert Configuration" in white letters.

I must be on the wrong page - there is no button or text on my pages which says "OBi Expert Configuration".

When I sign in to OBitalk, I am taken to a page called 'OBi Dashboard'.  When I click on the OBi No for my device, I am taken to a page called 'OBi Device Configuration'.  Neither page refers to 'OBi Expert Configuration'.  Where am I going wrong?

gderf

On the 'OBi Device Configuration' page, below the 'Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)' section, at the very bottom of the page, I see the 'OBi Expert Configuration' button.

Have you scrolled all the way to the bottom of the page?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

drgeoff

If Karl226 genuinely doesn't have the 'OBi Expert Configuration' button, perhaps that's a consequence of an ITSP supplied and 'locked down' OBi device.  If so, how far can he get by putting his OBi's local IP address into his browser and using 'admin' (without the quotes) for user and password?