News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

dialplan frustration

Started by bennettg, November 27, 2013, 06:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennettg

Hi....with gv shutdown looming, I just ported to VoIP.ms and can't seem to get things right after 2 days of tinkering.  I have VoIP.ms as sp1 without any otherr providers. I also have e911 service.  Testing of e911 with my local police has resulted in failure.

I seem to have to create a Dial plan but everything I've tried (including VoIP.ms tech support and obitalk config wizard) has failed.

My goal is a dial plan that
1. Routes 911 via sp1 to e911
2. Allows 7 digit dialing in my area code (ABC)
3.  Allows me to call 800/877/866/888 toll free numbers

Can anyone tell me what string I need to put in the itsp profile a/general/digitmap field when I manually configure the obi?

Thanks in advance

Usetheforceobiwan

A good start would be to say which Obi device you are using.

bennettg

Sorry. Didn't realize it would depend on the device.,  obi110

Usetheforceobiwan

Have you tried starting over i.e. resetting the Obi110?  Also, when you say you are manually trying to program the Obi, are you literally logged into the local (LAN) adminstration page or are you going through expert settings in the Obitalk provisioning portal?  Note that trying to program the Obi through both methods is problematic because the Obitalk portal can overwrite the settings that are made locally. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

I would highly recommend perusing this blog for general tips about dial plans and Obi:

http://blog.voipdiy.com/

azrobert

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1abc>xxxxxxx)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port ->

OutboundCallRoute:
{911:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

PrimaryLine:
SP1 Service

In the DigitMap I added a rule to prepend your local area code (abc) to a dialed 7 digit number and deleted rules you don't need.
In the outbound route I deleted 911 from the rule routing it to the line port and added a rule to route it the SP1.
800 numbers will be routed to SP1 with the default settings.
Do you want 800 numbers routed to a Toll Free provider like Future-Nine or CallWithUs? They provide this service for free.

Edit:

You can also do it this way:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1abc>xxxxxxx)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port ->

OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

PrimaryLine:
SP1 Service