News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Confusing

Started by donport, December 22, 2013, 10:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donport

I am stumped. I have had my obi 100 for almost a year. I had google voice configured on sp1 and anveo 911 on sp2...all was fine. I recently decided to change things and started an account with voip.ms. So for a new start I wanted to reset the obi. So i reset to factory default, then set up voip.ms on sp1 and google on sp2. Fine for a while. Then for no reason the obi loses connection. The first couple of times just reset and thought it was my router. Now it has done this about 4 times, about every 3 or 4 days it goes out. Third light goes out while the first stays green. I contacted obi support and explained, they recommended setting to full duplex. Done. Today light is out again. Decided to do some tests. Call in to sp1 goes straight to voicemail. Call in to sp2 rings. Try to call out from sp1, no service, from sp2 service, obi echo test, no service. Very confusing to me, why would sp2 google voice be working and nothing else. I've contacted support again, but no response, and being Sunday doubt if there will be. Any Ideas from anyone? Trouble shooter recommends setting to DMZ.

Usetheforceobiwan

Couple thoughts.....

1). Reboot router and or modem.

2). Have you disabled SIP ALG on your router (if equipped)?

3).  Yours isn't the only Obi exhibiting strange behavior.  Is you Obi connected to the Obi talk network in any way? 

donport

Rebooting works for a while, but then happens again, so i am looking for a solution.
SIP ALG is disabled.
And not sure what you mean by connected to the obi talk network in any way. I don't think it is.

Usetheforceobiwan

The Obitalk network is the proprietary SIP and provisioning trunk that each Obi has to either communicate to Ohihai (for provisioning and settings) or for Obi endpoints (either software like OBION and/or hardware like your Obi).  When you do an Obi echo test to *9 222 222 222 that goes through the Obitalk network.   

Do you use expert settings in the Obitalk portal to setup your Obi or do you do it locally?  Or have you done a combination?  If you have done a combination, sometimes the Obitalk portal settings will over-ride the changes you make locally once you have changed settings via the Obitalk portal one time.  Or your Obitalk settings can be corrupted even on their server. 

If you use the Obitalk portal to do settings, I would suggest deleting the Obi device in the portal, performing a full reset and then re add the Obi to the portal per the factory method.  This will start you out with a clean configuration file and at least you can eliminate this possibility as an issue.

donport

I am only connected through the obi itself, I never use the Obion app.
And I read the post about making changes with the obitalk portal and locally, how that can mess things up, to do one or the other. That is one reason that when I changed my service to voip.ms, I went ahead and did a factory reset, so it would be a fresh start. Since then I have only used the obi portal for settings.

For now I did another reboot and it's been up since then. I was waiting for a response from support. They said to change the cable that I am connecting the obi to the router and to try connecting on different ports. If that doesn't help, I am starting all over again factory reset. Thanks for your help.