News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

routing all calls thru asterisk 11.2 using Obi202 and obi110 with pstn

Started by cssobi, November 29, 2013, 05:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Try This:

Line InboundCallRoute:
{sp1(999@192.168.1.100:5060;ui=$1)}

azrobert

Did you change the RingDelay on the Line Port?

If you did try the default setting.

cssobi

>{sp1(999@192.168.1.100:5060;ui=$1)}

what does the ui=$1 one do? and how can i find out ui's value?

on your subsequent post I discovered that having ringdelay near 4 seconds
improved the condition of getting routing as expected but sometimes still is wrong ... if i increase to 5 seconds seems better ....
but this brings up another issue

asterisk now does not see the call until 9 to 11 seconds after dialed and caller has heard 4 rings and the call then is sent back to obi110 to ring ph and another 3 to 5 seconds also has elapsed so now nearly 5 to 6 rings to caller have occurred before 1st ring is heard on the extensions ... many people will be hanging up by then.

What adjustments can be made to greatly shorten this without losing CID?

Also have audio delay issue with asterisk which I am trying to hide with answer
before dialing the extensions ... using asterisk 11.2cert ... not sure if bug
and or a fix out for that?

azrobert

I had you enable X_SpoofCallerID to pass CallerID. "ui=$1" is another method to pass CalledID on a bridged call. "ui" is UserID and $1 is an OBi variable that contains the CallerID on an inbound call. This was a wild guess on solving your problem and probably won't help.

In the U.S. on a PSTN line the CallerID is transmitted between the 1st and 2nd ring. The OBi needs the RingDelay to pause processing and give it enough time to receive the CallerID. For example if you are sending a call to the Auto Attendant based on CallerID you need to set the RingDelay high enough, otherwise the OBi will not see the CallerID in time to process the call properly.

I believe (not positive) if you are just sending the call to the Phone Port you can set the RingDelay to zero (it still has a delay) and the CallerID might not be displayed until the 2nd ring. I don't know how this process works with a bridged call to Astterisk.

Anyway, I have my RingDelay set to 3 seconds and it works fine. I had it set around 2.5 seconds ( can't remember exactly), but the OBi stopped working correctly after I installed new firmware. It seems odd that you have to set yours so high.

cssobi

>I believe (not positive) if you are just sending the call to the Phone Port you can set the RingDelay to zero (it still has a delay) and the CallerID might not be displayed until the 2nd ring. I don't know how this process works with a bridged call to Astterisk.

Is there a second RingDelay setting on the Phone port in addition to the one on the
Line Port?  So on a bridged call don't wait the ringdelay a second time.

>Anyway, I have my RingDelay set to 3 seconds and it works fine. I had it set around 2.5 seconds ( can't remember exactly), but the OBi stopped working correctly after I installed new firmware. It seems odd that you have to set yours so high.

In my testing so far that near 3 seconds or  3.25 seconds produces similar results of having it set to 4 or more .... 2.5 seconds is not reliable

On the audio delay front ... I not sure if an asterisk issue or obi,
I think if we can get over this audio delay (6 seconds) issue without resorting to prematurely answering the call [which produces other unacceptable issues] but rather answering it only after having the ringing extension on an obi 'ph' port works with no audio delay we probably can deploy the system [if no other 'surprises' are found].