News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Drive for Recorded Prompts

Started by HCPanels, October 24, 2013, 06:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCPanels

I'm setting up ObiPlus for a Premium customer. On the ObiPlus Recorded Prompts screen, I have successfully connected to the Google Drive that I set up for this purpose. I recorded two .wav files and uploaded them to the /Obi directory that I created for this purpose. Google Drive is able to play the files that I uploaded. ObiPlus shows the directory and the files in the directory. It looks like it should work... but I cannot get access to the prompts that I recorded. The Google Drive Path shows correctly as does the file name in the main Recorded Prompts screen. I've set up my Night Time AA with the file in the Welcome field, and with the file in the Menu field. The built-in prompts work (dialing 301 for the Night Time AA), but the Recorded Prompts from Google Drive do not play. I even tried naming the prompt "$NightAA" because all of the default prompts start with "$" (no explanation that I've been able to find in the docs as to why). The prompts do not work when the Prompt Name has a "$", nor without it. What am I doing wrong?

giqcass

The $ sign usually indicates a variable in programming terms.  Try using a more unique name for the files.  If they exactly match a variable name that "might" cause an issue.  I also wondered why you don't record new prompts on the Obi itself.  It would be a simpler task.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Brian_Yurgin