News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming call problem

Started by therealrockguy, December 04, 2013, 08:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therealrockguy

This is baffling me

First off I'm using a dlink 615 version a1 with alg enable sip and RTP
Forwarded port 5060 and 5061 and 10000-20000 udp

Obi100 has 5060 as the port and 10000 to 20000 forwarded as well

Service provider is voip.ms

This was all working the other day now it's not.  Ive reset everything the dlink and obi100 back to default and started fresh.

Problem:
I'm able to call out and have a conversation with people everyone can hear everyone. So that's good.  But when people call me I can hear them but they can't hear me.

I've put the ipaddress into dmz mode still nothing.  So I'm assuming it's the obi100.  Can there be a setting that I forgot to config or check box that I forgot to check or uncheck that would cause this problem.  It's driving me up the wall.

Cheers,

Chris

gderf

I would question any need to forward any ports or have SIP ALG enabled.

See if this is applicable to you:

http://forum.voxilla.com/threads/configuring-d-link-routers-for-symmetric-or-full-cone-nat.8378/

If voip.ms has an available STUN server, you might try using it.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

therealrockguy

thanks gderf

My setup was working a few days ago until I swapped out the obi100 with my linksys2102.  I was recieving a bunch of spam calls on the obi100.  I think it was a sip scanner doing it.  So when I found the right digimap that would prevent the spam I put the obi100 back online.  Since then I've been having problems.  No it's not the digimap code i put in.  It did it with the default too.

I tried disabling sip alg and nothing worked so it needs to be enabled

The site did not help unfortunately

gderf

Unconditionally forwarding port 5060 will open you up to SIP scanners. Unless your OBi has a specific X_InboundCallRoute setting, you are going to get unintended rings.

SPAM calls can be difficult to tie to a specific cause. They could be someone attacking your ATA in which case more restrictive configuration as mentioned above can help.

But you can't prevent someone from dialing your number directly, and unless you have some filtering enabled somewhere you will get rings. How to filter effectively without also rejecting wanted calls is the challenge.

If you must have SIP ALG enabled on a router and it is still the source of problems I would consider another router.

I run m0n0wall 1.8.1 here which requires no special configuration for my OBi200 to work flawlessly - pure plug and play, and it doesn't do UPnP either. There are undoubtedly many others that can offer similar freedom of special configuration, port forwards, etc.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

therealrockguy

Thanks for the suggestion.

The inbound rule seems to be working.

I'm determined to figure out this problem.  As I said it was working before now its not.  I

therealrockguy

Grabbed my 2102 this morning.  Now I have the same problem with that.  So it must be the router.