News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sipsorcery for no XMPP calling with Google Voice

Started by giqcass, December 12, 2013, 03:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

Quote from: drgeoff on January 30, 2014, 04:32:51 PM
Quote from: deskjockey on January 30, 2014, 03:13:52 PM
Will having Obi registered with GV conflict with SS registering?
I think it will not conflict.  SS does not register with GV in the same way that a SIP client registers with a SIP server.  SS only communicates with GV when you place a call.  It emulates the GV method of making a call via your GV web page, inputting the number you wish to call and indicating the callback number.

But why not try it for yourself and report back here with the result?

I haven't had an issue using Obi and Sipsorcery together.  I've had a Sipsorcery account since before Obi existed.  Multiple XMPP connections can cause devices conflicts but Sipsorcery uses http/sip instead of XMPP.
Long live our new ObiLords!

deskjockey

OK, the answer is that there is a conflict having OBI and SS running GV at the same time. GV blocks SS (the newest IP address) and sends a message that somebody is hacking the account. I think there is a way for GV to permit a second IP address using the credentials so I'll look into it.

drgeoff

From https://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help/DialPlans#GoogleVoice

"When placing a Google Voice call if an error is received stating "Could not find _rnr_se key on your Google Voice account page, callback cannot proceed" then Google Voice is rejecting the call based on the SIP Sorcery server's IP address. Google allows the IP addresses that can access an account to be reset by visiting this link https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and following the instructions."

Perhaps this is relevant.

deskjockey

Thank you very much for that info. Might never have figured it out actually and it is relevant. However, I ran the SS consol yesterday and noticed that message killing the connection. So I found a SS thread advising your solution. However, I went to GV to send a text and they had a big red banner across the top of my page about somebody hacking my account. They listed all the attempts with location and asked me to approve them or change my password. I approved knowing it the location of my IPComms did I'm using with SS. They then said they will continue posting attempts on my account for two weeks.

So now I have to see if GV is letting SS through. That may be tomorrow though. You guys are great and a brilliant thought by you to suspect that.

deskjockey

Update: My clicking the red banner and approving the hacker (SS with my IPComms #), is letting my OBI GV & SS GV both work. After IPComms fixed my account I was able to go online and get my forward to SS to take. My old SS Teilis '10 dial plan is working so now I have cnam again.

tyeske

I have ipkall & SS. It had been working well, but CNAM seems to be broken again. I use whitepages for CNAM. I see others are currently having trouble with CNAM too.

I'm not worried about incoming calls, as they are routed through SS to my OBI202. Currently my OBI202 routes calls directly to GV. I have tried to set up my OBI to route calls through SS, but I can't seem to get my dialplan to work properly.

Can anyone help me with the proper script to make outgoing calls work?

azrobert

Quote from: tyeske on February 26, 2014, 01:26:09 PM
I have ipkall & SS. It had been working well, but CNAM seems to be broken again. I use whitepages for CNAM. I see others are currently having trouble with CNAM too.

I'm not worried about incoming calls, as they are routed through SS to my OBI202. Currently my OBI202 routes calls directly to GV. I have tried to set up my OBI to route calls through SS, but I can't seem to get my dialplan to work properly.

Can anyone help me with the proper script to make outgoing calls work?

See my reply to your other post here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7272.0