News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Allow incoming calls from a specific number to Barge in to current call.

Started by giqcass, December 12, 2013, 05:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

I'm not sure if this can be done at all but I'm trying to work out if/how it could be done. 
1) You are in the middle of a phone call and a new call comes in.
2) The Obi recognizes the caller id and it automatically connects the other call to the current call.

I don't think this would work during a Google Voice call unless it was routed through sip first.  The barge function seems to be meant for port to port.  Is it possible from the Auto Attendant or by some method I have not thought of.
Long live our new ObiLords!

QBZappy

@giqcass

I haven't put any thought into this, however the following might provide some leads. These are native OBi methods to bargein or conference a call. It might be possible to leverege this into a inbound call route.

Macro (Star Codes in the OBi unit-all OBi models)
*96, Barge In, set($Bar1,1)

Latest Update for OBi1 Series - OBi2 and OBi3 Series
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0
"Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release 1.2.1 (2384):
- Touch-tone entry improvement when accessing a conference call bridge, entering credit card numbers, etc.
Support external conference bridge, with the new UseExternalConferenceBridge option"

I believe the  UseExternalConferenceBridge option is not available in the OBi1xx.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

giqcass

I already have barge in set.  It seems like that only works from port to port.  I have been thinking about conference calling as an alternative but I haven't given up on the barge function yet.  The trick with using "Barge In, set" is telling it to apply that to the SP or AA rather then applying it to the port.
Long live our new ObiLords!