News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

unwanted phone number rings

Started by skipro, December 16, 2013, 07:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro

I have 2 OBi 202 in 2 different locations. I wanted a specific GV # to ring at both places so I put that number as SP1 in both. Now I do not want it to ring in both locations so I removed it from SP1 in one device. It still rings at that location. My IncomingCallRoute in both devices is {ph1}. Why is this happening?

giqcass

You can only administer an Obi using the web portal or local portal.  The web portal will overwrite settings if you use both.  See this topic as it's the most common reason for the type of problem you are having.

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both

Long live our new ObiLords!

skipro

giqcass

Do you have Google Voice forwarding to Callcentric, Anveo, IpKall, or any other  DIDS that might be routing traffic to your Obi?  What other service providers are on your Obis?
Long live our new ObiLords!

sdb-

If you log into the OBi directly (just to look! ;) )  does it show any status for SP1 under status?  Or show anything configured for that service under Service Providers or Voice Services?

Usually it takes idle time of 10-15 seconds for the OBi to detect a web config change, load it and reboot.  But sometimes on my '110 I saw it take much longer and one time I rebooted it manually (at which point it booted up, read the new config, and rebooted).  Wonder if the '202 might need such a nudge?

(Normally it would check for a new config about every 24 hours, but if it is registered with OBitalk then it can be told 'check now', which is the 10-15 second scenario.)