News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help with Anveo outbound caller ID

Started by helloobi2014, January 02, 2014, 11:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helloobi2014

I have an Anveo phone number working on my Obi202 (in Canada in case it matters for this question).  I am trying to control what name gets displayed when I called people.  I do not want the name in my account to be displayed (i.e. Firstname Lastname) - instead, I would like to set another name or have no name at all.  I have set the "CallerIDName" variable in the Obi202 with my desired name, and on the Anveo website, I have set the "outbound caller ID" to "from SIP device".  However, when I make a call, what gets displayed is neither my name or phone number, but my Anveo account number (set as "AuthUserName" in the Obi202).  What am I doing wrong?  And how do I get the Obi and Anveo to produce the desired behaviour?

ipse

Check the replies you got on dslreports...looks like your problem is not CallerID but rather CNAM.
Best to verify the Anveo server you're using...both on Obi and on the Anveo site.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

helloobi2014

Thanks.  I have verified the server settings and they appear to be correct.  So I am stumped. 

helloobi2014

I now have it sorted out.  The correct approach is to choose the Anveo number in question as the Outbound Caller ID on the Anveo website.  Once that is done, the name entered on the Obi as "CallerIDName" is passed along as intended.  Anveo does not send out the user name on the account as the Caller ID name.