News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't access VOIPo voicemail

Started by tawd1992, December 22, 2013, 12:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tawd1992

According to VOIPo voicemail is accessed by dialing 123 on your phone. This probably works using the Grandstream ATA VOIPo provides, but I'm using an OBI202. Is there a way to configure it for voicemail? Thanks.

drgeoff

What does happen when you dial 123?

Use a web browser to access the 202's local set-up pages. (admin and admin if you haven't changed the name and password.)

Click on 'Status' and then 'Call History'.  In the left hand column you should see the '123' you dialled on PHONE1 (or PHONE2).  The right hand column will show what number (if any) went out on SP1 (or whatever).

Post here:
The Digit Map for PHONE1 (or whichever phone port you are using.
The PHONE1 (or whatever) Outbound Call Route strings.
The ITSP A (or whatever) Digit Map if it differs from the default (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx |011xx.|xx.)

I suspect that something isn't configured to handle a dialled number as short as 3 digits.

azrobert

The easiest way to configure this is to setup a Speed Dial like this:
spx(123)

spx is the SP you defined VOIPo.

tawd1992

Well I tried dialing 123 again & waited longer this time & my voicemail came on. I timed it & it takes about 14 seconds before the voicemail prompt comes on, before that there is nothing.

I guess I figured after waiting 5-10 seconds before & not hearing anything that it didn't work. Sorry for wasting your time.

ProfTech

It sounds like you are experiencing the 10 second delay due to the xx. delay. The speed dial method azrobert gave should eliminate the delay.

sdb-

Or try dialing 123#

(Usually the # means "do it now")

tawd1992

Yes, azrobert's speed dial suggestion turned out to be the best option. Thanks.