News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Random Reboot OBI202 3.0.1 (Build: 4269)

Started by giqcass, December 28, 2013, 10:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

LOL that is the post I stole the word "enhancements" from when I phrased the question.  They didn't announce Bluetooth in the release notes and as a veteran of this forum you know how well they document things.  Sometimes people see hints of thing to come.  I'm kind of expecting a 3.1.0 or 3.0.2 firmware coming up around April.
Long live our new ObiLords!

CoalMinerRetired

I've not read anything more on what the enhancements are. 

So since I'm having a nice run of uptime (on the 4269 build), I'm going to see if I can get to 90 days on both units before jumping to the latest firmware.

giqcass

Well it looks like they left something important out of the release logs for build 4303.  It would have broke my setup if I had upgraded.

Quote from: OBiSupport on March 01, 2014, 08:49:35 PM
The latest firmware has a new option to help fight against a problem commonly known as "ghost calls", where a hacker may be scanning for SIP devices. The new option will enforce that the SIP INVITE received by the OBi must have the request userid matching the SIP account ID as configured on the device. Older firmware does not enforce this behavior previously, but the new firmware does. Most service providers should compliant to this behavior, so that it will be a lot harder for a hacker to scan for SIP devices.

To get the old behavior, you can follow these simple steps:
1.   Open your OBi device web page (from web browser, enter IP address of the device. You can dial ***1 to listen to the IP address of your OBi
2.   Navigate to the SPx Service Page (x=1,2,3,4), and uncheck this option: X_ForeceRequestUserID
3.   Submit the change (press the submit button on the page), and reboot the device (press the reboot button on the page).

Thank you – Obihai Support

Long live our new ObiLords!