News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help setting CallerIDName (Obi100)

Started by Lyme™, February 24, 2013, 02:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyme™

Hello, I seem to be having trouble setting up what name shows up when I make calls. Service is with voip.ms

I enter the device IP into my browser, login and go under Voice Services -> SP1 and then uncheck the CallerIDName box and put in a name. Thing is, when I submit changes, reboot and check the same page like 20 seconds later, it goes back to how it was before, the CallerIDName is checked and the field is blank..

ArbitaryTwist

Your settings are been overwritten by the OBitalk portal. So either change it on obi talk.com or disable provisioning on your OBi device.

RFord

Unfortunately, putting you name into that field in the OBi100 will not send that name to your callers as CNAM.  It might work with a few individuals that use SIP/VOIP.ms, but will not work with PSTN destinations.  If I'm not mistaken, you can request VOIP.ms add your name to the CNAM database for a onetime fee (US$10?).

JamesL

Did you ever figure this out? I'm testing voip.ms with this and my SIP user ID is what's being sent through for caller ID. Makes it impossible to configure e911.

JamesL

Just figured it out. Not the most intuitive thing, given it's not with the DID settings.

On voip.ms:

• Main Menu -> Account Settings
  • Go to the General tab
  • Update the Caller ID field