News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Please help - OBi110 mess up my internet connection

Started by JDKansas, January 20, 2014, 04:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDKansas

I bought OBi110 in October 2013 and set it up with Google Voice. It worked fine for a couple of months. Starting few weeks ago, my internet connection drops periodically. First I thought it is due to my internet provider. So I checked my modem without the router, my internet connection is fine. What I found out is that the OBi110 interfernces with my router and cut the internet connection. If I unplug the ethernet cable from OBi110 to the router, the router works fine and never drop the connection. When I plug in the ethernet cable, everything seems normal at beginning (OBI110 power LED is solid green, phone LED solid green, and internet LED flashing green). However, when I have an incoming call or make a call, the router will lose the connection, and OBi110 phone LED turns off while power LED is still solid green and internet LED is flashing green. Is my OBi110 device getting bad? Please help!

Fiasco

I've seen the same with a new OBI-110 installed this weekend connected into the router with ethernet  and the shared PSTN line through an ADSL filter.  Got to the point I was power cycling the router every 30 mins.

I've currently got a noisy phone line due to the local flooding but the internet connection is reliable without the OBI.

Power cycled the OBI and only connected to the router (using different cable and router port) and the system ran for 24hrs without problem.

Added the PSTN link this pm and its run for 4 hrs without problem with calls being made.

Weird.

JDKansas

I changed the ethernet cable to new one. Then I powered cycle the OBi110. But same thing happened, my router losed connection in less than 10 minutes after I power up the OBi100.

MikeHObi

contact Obihai with a problem ticket.  Seen this problem posted a few times and it seems that a defective obi may be involved.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.