News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone not working during instal

Started by hagi, April 19, 2011, 06:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hagi

I tried installing OBI100 today. I did connect the network, phone jack and power cord.
The power light was solid green, data light was blinking and the phone light was OFF. When I lifted the handset i can hear the dial tone but was not able to dial * 9 222 222 222, there is no response for the number dialed.

Pls help

RonR

You should be dialing **9 222 222 222.

If you log into the OBi at the IP address returned by ***1, do you see 'Normal (User Mode)' listed for OBiTALK Service Status?

Have you downloaded the latest firmware and updated the OBi?

hagi

How do you login to OBI device. Using the assigned IP for the OBI device in my network. I tried typing in the IP address in the internet explorer and its asking for a admin user and password. Can you pls let me know how shld I log in to OBI device

RonR

hagi

I downloaded the latest firmware and installed. I was not able to get any response for **9 222 222 222 or ***1 from the telephone. The OBI service status is Normal (User Mode)

RonR

But you have dialtone before you dial anything?  And then nothing, regardless of what you dial?  Are you terminating your dialing with a # or waiting a considerable amount of time for a response?

You might try resetting the unit to factory defaults at:

System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration

hagi

I am getting a dial down before dialing and i am waiting till i get the continuous beep sound. I tried reseting the OBI but still I am not able to get response for the numbers I dialed. I am using a analog phone.

RonR

A touch-tone (not rotary dial) phone?  Have you tried another phone?

hagi

Its a Touch tone phone and I was using this with my AT&T landline. I dont have another phone to try.

RonR

After dialing the first digit, does the dialtone stop?

hagi

The dial tone is continuous I can just hear the touch keypad sound.

RonR

Then either the phone isn't putting out touch-tones or the OBi isn't recognizing them.

Are you in the US using a US telephone?

I think you need to try another telephone.  If it doesn't work either, you may have a defective OBi.

RonR

Are you sure there isn't a tone/pulse switch on the phone that's accidentally set to pulse?

hagi

I got this phone from Radioshack recently and it worked before. Probably I will get another OBI and try.

Thanks