News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

False voicemail indicator.

Started by Bandera, January 02, 2014, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandera

Hello,

I have an Obi202 with a Panasonic KX-TGA939T and i am using Freephoneline as my SIP provider.
In the Obi202 i have the following configuration:

MWIEnable - Value = Unchecked  Default = Unchecked
X_VMWIEnable - Value = Unchecked  Default = Unchecked
MessageWaiting - Value = Unchecked  Default = Unchecked

Even though all the voicemails have been deleted, i still have the indicator flashing and when i try to dial out, i have the line indicator ON (like there is a voicemail waiting).

I dialed *98 and the message reads: "You have no messages".

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

sdb-

Is *98 the access for Freephoneline's voicemail?  You might need to preface it with **1 (if Freephoneline is on your obi's service 1, otherwise **2, etc).

Do you have a google voice account configured? Many things in a google account can trigger the MWI.

Are there any other VoIP services configured on the OBi?

Have you checked the local voicemailbox in the Panasonic?  (By the way, KX-TGA939T is the handset, there is also a base unit (more than a simple charger) associated with it where most of the intelligence resides.)

Do you have something other than the OBi connected to the second line of the Panasonic?  If so, what about voicemail on that service?

Bandera

Hello sdb-,

Here is the additional information:

1. *98 is the access for Freephoneline voicemail. The access is working fine with my current plan.
2. I do not have any GV configured (I am in Canada).
3. I do not have any additional VoIP configured; as a fact I disabled all the additional SP services in OBi.
4. The Panasonic doesn't have build in voicemailbox. The accurate model of the Panasonic is: Kx-TG9321.

Thank you.

sdb-

Wow, you found a panasonic without the digital answering system!  I swear, panasonic has a nearly infinite variety of combinations...

At first I thought you were directly configuring your OBi (using the web page built into the device), but now I am not so sure...  They look most like what I see on my OBi, so assuming local config:

• On the Physical Interfaces page for the phone port where your pana is connected, uncheck 'default' and uncheck the feature box for both MWIEnable and VMWIEnable.
  • On the Service Providers, Profile A, SIP, uncheck default and feature for X_MWISubscribe.
  • On the Voice Services, SP1 Service, uncheck default and feature for the ones you mentioned and also MWIEnable2 and X_VMWIEnable2 (I think those are for line2 which is wired to both phone port 1 and 2).

That should get it turned off...  Then it becomes turning them on one at a time to see what makes it work properly.

If on the portal, it is similar but different...  Do NOT configure via both local and portal pages!