News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo as SP2...cannot use Callcentric as GW4

Started by ipse, December 22, 2013, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipse

I am cancelling my landline with Bell Canada (props to ME) and set up Anveo as SP2 (GV is SP1 if that matters).
I had CallCentric working fine as SP2 for 1 yr.

A few days back, before the shuffle, I could set Anveo as GW4 and make calls without registration.
Now I have the opposite: Anveo registered as SP2 and trying GW4 as Callcentric

AccessNumber = SP2(callcentric.com)
DigitMap=whatever...(xx.) for example
AuthUserID= 1777xxxxxxxx
AuthPassword=MyCCpwd

When I try a test call to 177712345567  I get "the call was rejected by the service provider, reason 403).
Unless I'm getting blind, the CC user/pwd are correct.

Does Anveo NOT support this type of passthrough calls?
Kills me that I have no logs/debug to troubleshoot further. As far as I read here, CC should work in this config - but might it depend on SP2 provider?
Appreciate any help....not a life and death situation, but it's frustrating...all I did is switch the 2 providers.

/EDIT Looks like I still have the extension configured on CC...any tip how to frikkin' delete it as the only option is "modify".
/EDIT2 After ingurgitating some coffee and reading the blurb about the "default" extension (100) on CC, I realized I will not be able to delete it...so I created a new extension 103 and I can use that as follows:

AccessNumber = SP2(callcentric.com)
DigitMap=whatever...(xx.) for example
AuthUserID= 1777xxxxxxxx103
AuthPassword=MyCCpwd

ATM it appears that CC will not allow the use of the "default" extension (100) NON-REGISTERED. At least I got it working.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

hwittenb

Kills me that I have no logs/debug to troubleshoot further

The OBi can produce a sip debug log.  You download and install a syslog program on your pc, on the System Management-->Device Admin Tab you put the local ip address of your pc, and use the default Debug Level of 7, and on the SPx Service Tab you set the X_SipDebugOption to LogAllMessages.  Obi has a simple Windows Syslog program that you can download:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=707.0

The Gateway call doesn't get sent to the SP2 provider, it goes directly to CallCentric.  I don't believe CallCentric requires registration on any extension to be able to place an outgoing call.  Your sip 403 Forbidden rejection must have been some other problem.

ipse

BTW...this is not my day. I tried to set up syslog (using initially TFTP32 then the Obi suggested cmd line one) and I get nothing on my laptop.
Could be the stupid Checkpoint firewall (yeah, company machine) which I cannot disable, but I doubt it  as I started Wireshark to see if I get ANY packets from the IP of the Obi. I do see the HTTP traffic when I open the local mgmt page of the Obi.
I assumed (based on other devices I used syslog on) that a failed login, a call, a reboot would be events that trigger a log entry.

Better get a beer and watch TV tonight - I can hear the IQ dropping :)

sdb-

At work they use Kiwi on windows.  Seems to do the job.

If I don't have my full rsyslog then I use a little python thing I put together.

Syslog is pretty simple, UDP burps to port 514 (by default).  You did configure the OBi's syslog entry with the IP address and port of your syslog server?

But your 'checkpoint firewall' comment is worrisome. You are trying to run a syslog server. Very likely for a firewall to block something like that. Under your control you can tell it to let the traffic in. Corporate control?  Good luck.  Might be time for a different computer.

The OBi lets you change the IP and port, but I suspect it is only UDP. But like I said, syslog is pretty simple. Every computer that speaks IP is capable of receiving syslog if you can control it, so can you scrape up something a little more flexible than a company computer?

ipse

Quote from: sdb- on January 03, 2014, 08:51:44 PM
Syslog is pretty simple, UDP burps to port 514 (by default).  You did configure the OBi's syslog entry with the IP address and port of your syslog server?
But your 'checkpoint firewall' comment is worrisome. You are trying to run a syslog server. Very likely for a firewall to block something like that. Under your control you can tell it to let the traffic in. Corporate control?  Good luck.  Might be time for a different computer.
The OBi lets you change the IP and port, but I suspect it is only UDP. But like I said, syslog is pretty simple. Every computer that speaks IP is capable of receiving syslog if you can control it, so can you scrape up something a little more flexible than a company computer?
Yeah, I admit taking the easy way out as I already had TFTP32 on the laptop...plus I USED to be able to disable the firewall temporarily. They might have tightened that rule.
I'm not unfamiliar with syslog/traffic captures and all as I work in support for a hi-tech company. My SIP knowledge  is a bit rusty though...and I need a refresher on all the problems related to NAT and SIP sessions :)