News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cant login to device with Internet explorer 11.0.9600 Windows 8.1

Started by wildbilll, November 14, 2013, 02:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildbilll

I discovered this odd behavior.
I have the OBI 100 and the 110.
I can login using the default admin and admin username and password on the 100 unit no problem.
However, on the 110 unit, I can't login using the IE11 browser.
I can login fine using Chrome. Also, on on a PC with Windows 7 that is running IE10, it logs in just fine. I also tried it in safari on an iPad using IOS7, works fine there as well.
It seems the issue is with IE11.
Any suggestions to get it working with IE11?

AlexObi

It seems like it could be a browser security setting.

1. When in Internet Explorer, click the gear in the upper right corner, and open Internet Options.
2. Then navigate to the Security tab.
3. Make sure the Internet Icon is selected.
4. Click the button labeled "Custom level..."
5. Scroll to the bottom of that window.
6. Make sure "Prompt for user name and password" is selected.
7. Click, OK, Yes, OK

Should be able to login after that.

wildbilll

Nope. Did what you suggest. No difference.
I also upgraded my Windows 7 laptop to IE 11, it will allow the login. I am thinking this is related to Windows 8.1 and the IE 11 browser, not just the browser version.

I do always get the Windows Security login window, it just wont accept admin and admin. The behavior is the same as is I was entering the wrong info. Except that I'm not.

AlexObi

I was actually testing with Windows 8.1 and IE11, so I'm pretty sure it's a setting somewhere.

Next thing I would try, go to

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\Credential Manager

Click Windows Credentials

If there are stored credentials under, Generic Credentials.

It will be called something like Microsoft_WinInet_(the IP of your device):80/admin@OBi110

Click the dropdown menu next to the name, and then the remove button.

Then restart Internet Explorer. If you want to be 100% sure, you can restart your computer.

Clicking remove while IE was open seemed to create this problem for me as you described, and then when I restarted IE it started working again, so I think this is at least on the right path.

If that somehow doesn't work, you can go back to the same place:
Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\Credential Manager\Add a Generic Credential and type the ip of the device and the Username and Password and hit save.

wildbilll

What you described wasn't listed for the 110 or the 100 (which worked fine).
So I went ahead and added it for the 110, that still did not work. Then I removed it and it worked. My issue is resolved.

Thanks for your assistance.