News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help, how do I redirect *97 (voice mail) to SP2?

Started by quencybrown, January 14, 2014, 10:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quencybrown

I am trying to make *97 access my VOIP.MS voicemail.  I do not know how all the DigitMaps and OutboundCallRoutes work together, so I am hoping to get help here.

OBI100 configured as follows:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE PORT
*Using defaults for all Enable, DigitMap, OuboundCallRoute, CallReturnDigitMaps, PrimaryLine

I understand when PHONE PORT is using default setting, that my PrimaryLine is set to "SP1 Service".  I think this means all out going calls happen on SP1 (unless perhaps the OutboundCallRoute has some kind of rule to say otherwise?)

My config:

ITSP Profile A (Google Voice)
((1xxxxxxxxxx|<1902>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

ITSP Profile B (Voip.MS)
((1xxxxxxxxxx|<1902>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|*97|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

This setup sets all my outgoing calls to go on Google Voice (SP1) and all my incoming comes from VOIP.MS.   However, I would like if *97 is pressed for it to go out on SP2.  I do not want to have to type **2 *97.

I think I need to modify the OuboundCallRoute in the Physical Interfaces -> PHONE PORT section but not sure how.

Any help?

ianobi

Change to this:

ITSP Profile A (Google Voice)
(<**2>*97|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1902>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Because sp1 (ITSP Profile A) is your Primary Line, then this will dial the **2 for you. The default Phone Port OutboundCallRoute removes the **2 and routes the call out via sp2.

It may be a typo, but you seem to have an extra leading parenthesis in both your digit maps.

quencybrown

Thank you ianobi for your post.

Your suggestion to change the ITSP Profile A works great!  Accessing voice mail has now passed the WAF (wife acceptance factor)

Also, thank you for noticing the typos in my actual configuration.  I am surprised my obi100 even worked with the typos.  I removed the extra leading parenthesis, and all is still working great.  Thanks!