News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV off-hook after first ring on outbound. No ring on inbound.

Started by Arghtastic, January 15, 2014, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghtastic

Okay--I;d  been having trouble getting a second GV line to connect--but after finally realizing that I had no googlechat/gmail service associated with the account I was trying to use, I registered and everything connected fine.

Problem is now that the line doesn't ring and the outbound will ring once and then goto an off-hook signal.  This is my second googlevoice line.  Both appear to be properly configured with the same settings via obitalk.com.   

GV1 is on phone port 1, and GV2 is on phone port 2 on an OBiHai202. . . .GV1 works flawless.  GV2 will pickup--get dialtone--show when I have voicemail--and dial.  But when it dials, it rings once and gives a off-hook signal.  No in-bound calls will ring.  Everything shows up in GV website---incoming and outgoing.

Any tips?

Arghtastic

Okay, after a careful look, the problem seems to be Hangouts. . . . I cannot get it to go back the old chat and there is no option to forward calls to a chat in my googlevoice settings for the second GV line. . . help appreciated.

drgeoff

Are you saying:

There is nowhere on your GV page to go back to the pre-Hangouts mode.

or

There is but it doesn't change things back to the pre-Hangouts mode.