News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Obi202 with 2 lines from same provider?

Started by airace, January 15, 2014, 11:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airace

Hi All,

We recently ported two lines to voip.ms and registered them with an Obi202.
Both lines work successfully dialling out.
However, we would like to configure the device so that it only dials port1 when someone calls the primary line and dials port2 if someone calls on the secondary line.
Currently both ports ring simultaneously when an incoming call is received on either line; which is confusing, since the second line is meant for a home office user.
We have setup the voip.ms as SP1 and SP2 -
SP1 -
X_ServProvProfile: A
X_InboundCallRoute: {>123456:ph1}

SP2 -
X_ServProvProfile: B
X_InboundCallRoute: {>123456:ph2}

What do we need to do to distinguish between which number is being called (primary or secondary) and ring on distinct port accordingly?

TIA!

MikeHObi

Did you use ObiTalk to configure this or just the local configuration?  ObiTalk configuration overlays your changes locally unless you tell ObiTalk to knock it off.

ObiTalk web interface provides an easy configuration of what services ring what phone.

In this case any call coming in on my 3 interfaces results in both phone jacks on my Obi202 ringing.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

airace

Yes, ObiTalk is used to configure everything.
The way we have it is Phone Rings on incoming Calls from: Phone1:SP1 -- Phone 2: SP2.
All choices for Phone1 are SP1 and Phone 2 are SP2.

We need to keep the lines separate since line 2 is an office line.
Hence we do NOT want both lines to ring at the same time!
There should be a way to distinguish them and keep them from ringing simultaneously, but I cannot figure out where that is.
Thanks.

hwittenb

Maybe I don't understand the problem, however with voip.ms I would setup two Sub Accounts.  Register Sub Account 1 on SP1 and Register Sub Account 2 on SP2.  Then on Voip.ms under Manage DID's you route DID 1 to ring Sub Account 1, route DID 2 to ring Sub Account 2.

airace

Yes you are right!
I just figured that out too.

I only needed one sub account for the 2nd line, the 1st DID can remain as-is without a sub-account.
Also one more step (which I think you have to do anyways) - I created a Ring group for sub-account2 for routing the 2nd DID.
You then associate the 2nd DID to to that Ring group under the DID Routing menu. So now all calls on DID2 are routed to sub-account2.

Next, in ObiTalk, you use the sub-account2 login to configure SP2 for the 2nd line. All set!
This helped split calls so that an office line remains separate and the home line does not simul-ring when someone calls the office.

Thanks.