News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 with GV/Callcentric phone no longer rings

Started by JohnH, January 19, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnH

Phone had been working great. Suddenly last week it started to only ring once. Now it doesn't ring at all.

I did a little experimenting:

1. In GV, I unchecked my Callcentric number and checked Google chat. Phone rings fine. (After that, I switched back to the correct configuration.)

2. Next, I called my Callcentric number directly. Phone rings fine. (By the way, it's a Dirt Cheap DID number and not a free one. I dropped the free one because of CNAM problems).

So it appears that GV isn't forwarding the call to CC number. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas? Thanks!

gderf

You are very late to the party. The problem with GV calls forwarded to Callcentric DIDs and not ringing the OBi has been running for months. A simple search ofthe forum would have shown you this.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

JohnH

Months? It was working fine for me until last week. I didn't do a search because I browsed over recent posts thinking this was new problem.

JohnH

GOT IT TO WORK AGAIN! At least for now.

I deleted my CC number in GV and then resubmitted and confirmed it in GV. Everything started working again. Now let's see how long that lasts. Hopefully until I decide where to switch my service.

gderf

JohnH

Yes, I found that forum topic right after your first post. Thank you gderf.

I guess I was wondering if Google had rolled out a recent update that was causing this problem, but that doesn't seem to be the reason based on the fact that people were having this problem while I wasn't. Of course, Google doesn't always do a blanket rollout to its servers, but since my phone is now ringing again, it doesn't appear that the update theory holds water.

Anyway, if any of you are still using the GV/CC setup and your phone stops ringing, try deleting and resubmitting your CC number to GV.

UPDATE: Right after I wrote this, the phone rang one time. I tested it with my cell phone and, sure enough, it's ringing on my cell phone, but doesn't ring on my OBi-connected phone until the last ring. Same problem as right before it stopped ringing completely.

So... MY SOLUTION DOES NOT WORK.  :(

gderf

Welcome to the faulty GV--> CC DID club. I feel your pain.

Try a free IPKall DID to forward your GV number to. Since you are already set up for CC, just use your CC number as the target for the IPKall DID. There have been some problems with IPKall forwards too, but nowhere near the level as with CC.

http://www.ipkall.com/

The form of the SIP URI you use with IPKall is:

1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com