News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obivoice (Intelafone) vs. Forthcoming Obihai Service?

Started by Arghtastic, January 17, 2014, 07:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

Quote from: cluckercreek on February 07, 2014, 06:35:06 AM
Quote from: TheoGeek on February 06, 2014, 08:43:49 PM
You can also make sure the X_MWISubscribe box is checked (in the SIP settings of whatever profile you have Obivoice set to)  That's what I had to do...

Thanks for the suggestion. It was checked. Obivoice support told me that they did not provide support for the phone itself ??? That wasn't what I had asked as it was their MWI issue. Oh well.

If you choose not to run the auto-setup tool and manually configure the SP be sure the value for MWISubscribeExpires, below the check box for MWISubscribe, is set to 3600, not 360. Reboot and maybe MWI will work properly. I think Obivoice states they cannot support to a great extent manually configured setups.

cluckercreek

Well, I used the auto configuration tool to the letter. No my phone doesn't work after reboot. I guess I'll delete and start fresh.

ceg3

Quote from: cluckercreek on February 07, 2014, 12:32:33 PM
Well, I used the auto configuration tool to the letter. No my phone doesn't work after reboot. I guess I'll delete and start fresh.
Sorry that didn't work for you. In my case, once I reset all my OBiTALK settings for SP1 and then ran the auto-setup tool I had no issues. I only have an OBi100, so only two SP's, so SP2 is mine and SP1 belongs to Obivoice and I don't touch it. I do think you can create conflicts if you manually make changes to the SP Obivoice is on.

ceg3

So, I am in an office a couple of hours each evening and I am used to GV ringing my mobile phone if someone called my GV number. Now that I am ported to Obivoice I was looking for a solution. I installed their mobile app and enabled Wi-Fi when arriving at the office. I then called my Obivoice number from an office phone and bam, my mobile phone rang instantly, displaying the Obivoice mobile app with the opportunity to take the call or ignore it. Very cool. It's really a kind of fun solution. I don't know about battery drain yet, but I only plan to enable the app when I am in similar situations. 

cluckercreek

Quote from: ceg3 on February 07, 2014, 03:44:38 PM
Sorry that didn't work for you. In my case, once I reset all my OBiTALK settings for SP1 and then ran the auto-setup tool I had no issues. I only have an OBi100, so only two SP's, so SP2 is mine and SP1 belongs to Obivoice and I don't touch it. I do think you can create conflicts if you manually make changes to the SP Obivoice is on.

No problem!  ;D  I appreciate any and all help. I'm new to this stuff and need to learn. I take it just that way. I have it back up like before but no MWI. When I dial *123 I get my voicemail but I wish I could get the stuttertone. The light indicator would be nice but not necessary. I guess I'll play with it more as I go along.

goosta

I recently signed up with obivoice. I setup GV to forward to my obivoice number. The problem I am having is the obi line doesn't ring through all the time. Three calls today showed up in GV but never rang through. Any idea what is causing this? I was hoping to keep my number on GV rather than porting.

et_phone_home

First issue encountered today. I tried to dial a local phone number and it said "service provider rejected you rnumber...error 404."
I'm wondering if it's related to Obitalk services...so I've now manually disabled Obitalk services in the "Voice services"section of the Obi GUI.

Do I really need this enabled if I'm only using a voip service like Obivoice?

intelafone

Obivoice experienced intermittent call connection latency issues this morning on the east-side of the US. 
The problem was brought to our attention and was resolved quickly.  Please contact support@obivoice.com if you are still having trouble making or receiving calls. 
Vestalink | XMPP Shutdown and Vestalink
BYOD Home VoIP Service | Approved Obihai Provider | Free GV Number Porting

giqcass

Quote from: ceg3 on February 07, 2014, 03:52:29 PM
So, I am in an office a couple of hours each evening and I am used to GV ringing my mobile phone if someone called my GV number. Now that I am ported to Obivoice I was looking for a solution. I installed their mobile app and enabled Wi-Fi when arriving at the office. I then called my Obivoice number from an office phone and bam, my mobile phone rang instantly, displaying the Obivoice mobile app with the opportunity to take the call or ignore it. Very cool. It's really a kind of fun solution. I don't know about battery drain yet, but I only plan to enable the app when I am in similar situations. 

They don't have call hunting but you can enable call forwarding if you need it.
Long live our new ObiLords!

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

ceg3

Quote from: cluckercreek on February 07, 2014, 03:55:26 PM
Quote from: ceg3 on February 07, 2014, 03:44:38 PM

No problem!  ;D  I appreciate any and all help. I'm new to this stuff and need to learn. I take it just that way. I have it back up like before but no MWI. When I dial *123 I get my voicemail but I wish I could get the stuttertone. The light indicator would be nice but necessary. I guess I'll play with it more as I go along.
Don't give up on message waiting. They still need to work on this. It is easy to lose it. They have revamped the setup tool.  Be sure to run ***81 to reset the OBi before running the tool. I ran the tool and soon after I lost MWI, though a message was unread. MWI is definitely buggy. The tool used to include the ***81 complete reset as part of the process. Now, they only advise to run the complete reset if after running the tool you can't make calls. I don't think you can enabled MWI, without it dropping out, unless you first run ***81. I'm a little frustrated with this myself at the moment.

giqcass

Quote from: gderf on February 08, 2014, 05:26:37 PM
Wouldn't the suggestion in this thread accomplish the same thing as call hunting?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6795.0

That's a good thought.  It would probably work fine for most people.  If you used that trick to ring your Google Voice number you could even ring multiple numbers.  

Here is a snippet from that thread. It would be put in your inbound call route.  You of course would modify the phone number and SP3 to match your setup

Quote from: ianobi on February 06, 2014, 03:11:35 AM
The whole string is:

{ph,SP3(1234567890)}

Curly braces and plain parentheses are both needed.

For all of those people that like to take calls on their computer a SIP client would work for that.

ianobi

It is possible to make this imitation call hunting a little more sophisticated. Consider an InboundCallRoute such as:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,sp2(12222222222;d=5),sp2(13333333333;d=15)}

A call coming in to sp1 will ring the phone connected to the OBi. Five seconds later the call will be forked to 12222222222. Fifteen seconds later the call will be forked to 13333333333. All three endpoints will now be ringing, the first to answer takes the call. If a second call comes in while the first call is in progress, then the two free endpoints will receive ringing (after any applicable delays) and either may take the second call.

To use the Oleg Method with this example:

{>1234567:ph,sp2(12222222222;d=5),sp2(13333333333;d=15)}

Where 1234567 = Voice Services > SP1 Service > SIP Credentials > AuthUserName

ceg3

Quote from: ianobi on February 09, 2014, 03:39:12 AM
It is possible to make this imitation call hunting a little more sophisticated. Consider an InboundCallRoute such as:

{ph,sp2(12222222222;d=5),sp2(13333333333;d=15)}

A call coming in to sp1 will ring the phone connected to the OBi. Five seconds later the call will be forked to 12222222222. Fifteen seconds later the call will be forked to 13333333333. All three endpoints will now be ringing, the first to answer takes the call. If a second call comes in while the first call is in progress, then the two free endpoints will receive ringing (after any applicable delays) and either may take the second call.

To use the Oleg Method with this example:

{>1234567:ph,sp2(12222222222;d=5),sp2(13333333333;d=15)}

Where 1234567 = Voice Services > SP1 Service > SIP Credentials > AuthUserName

I'm curious as to why you forked to SP2 in the first method.

giqcass

Quote from: ceg3 on February 09, 2014, 06:30:29 AM
SP2 is making an outbound call so it can ring the other phone.  I don't believe it can use the same Service provider slot for the outbound leg.  It could use the same service provider on a different slot or voice gateway.

ceg3

Quote from: giqcass on February 09, 2014, 06:34:43 AM
SP2 is making an outbound call so it can ring the other phone.  I don't believe it can use the same Service provider slot for the outbound leg.  It could use the same service provider on a different slot or voice gateway.
SP2 will make the outbound call without any provisioning?

ianobi

QuoteI'm curious as to why you forked to SP2 in the first method.

The example assumes that two calls may come in on sp1 (most voip providers allow two sessions / calls). Therefore, I have used a different spX to fork outbound to other numbers.

QuoteSP2 will make the outbound call without any provisioning?

I have assumed a second voip service provider on sp2 that allows two sessions /calls.

If you were forking on to sip uri locations - myphone@123.45.67.89:9876 - then you could set up an spX as a "fake" SIP provider and fork outbound to the sip uri address. In fact I do this to fork to a sip phone on my local pc.

giqcass

Quote from: giqcass on February 09, 2014, 06:34:43 AM

I didn't think this would work but it does work.  The call can come in SP1 and be dialed out SP1 on my Obi202.  I originally thought I needed to create a Voice Gateway or use a second SP.
{ph,sp1(12222222222)}

ceg3

Learning:  I have learned that if you run the Obivoice auto-setup you will need to reinstall your OBi device in order to change over to manual configuration.  As a matter of fact, once you have run the tool you can just delete your OBi from OBiTALK altogether. Even if your device is still showing in OBiTALK you will need to delete it and reinstall it. The auto-config tool removes the setup from OBiTALK. I have for now deleted my device, but being OBi user it will be too tempting to at least play with manual settings, though I suspect the easiest thing is to run the auto-config and leave it alone for basic functioning.

ceg3

Quote from: gderf on February 08, 2014, 05:26:37 PM
Wouldn't the suggestion in this thread accomplish the same thing as call hunting?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6795.0

I'll be darn. I think this does work. I had to rebuild my OBi install, so I could again make manual adjustments, but a quick test to a ringback service had my mobile phone ringing and displaying my Obivoice number as an incoming call. Well done.

Update:  Had a chance to run a real-world test by calling my Obivoice number from an office phone earlier tonight.  After a couple of rings my mobile rang and I was able to answer my call using my mobile.  Then I called myself again and let it go to voice mail.  As I hoped, Obivoice handled the voice mail and my mobile just stopped ringing when it did.  Almost instantly I get my email alert on my mobile letting me know I have a voice mail. Got to love it!