News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

There is no service available

Started by drbubba, March 23, 2013, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drbubba

Since last night I've not been able to make/receive calls. I use Obi100 and google voice. I am not technically proficient and have tried a few things  I read here. When I dial **9 222 222 222 I get "No service available". My power light is solid green and the internet light flashes occasionally. THe phone light is off (not green nor blinking).

Can someone make a suggestion on what I might do next?

Thanks very much.

Rick

Assuming you didn't change your Google password...

Unplug the OBi and plug it back in, then try again. 

If that doesn't work, unplug your cable modem, your router, and your OBi.  Plug them back in in that order, waiting 3 minutes for the first two.  After a minute of the OBi being plugged in, try again.

drbubba

Rick,
I did change my google PW but I also changed it on the OBI website to the same value. Is there another location I need to look at in terms of the PW?

I did as you stated (unplugged and replugged).

I first called **9 222 222 222 and got a "Welcome" message. I then called my cell phone and got a "No Service" message. I then called the *9 222 222 222 number and again got a "No Service" message.

Looking at my Obi100 the power light is solid green the internet is quickly flashing and the phone light is dark (off).

Also, on the dashboard, my connection is brown and says "offline."

Any other thoughts?

Rick

Quote from: drbubba on March 23, 2013, 12:03:56 PM
Rick,
I did change my google PW but I also changed it on the OBI website to the same value. Is there another location I need to look at in terms of the PW?

I did as you stated (unplugged and replugged).

I first called **9 222 222 222 and got a "Welcome" message. I then called my cell phone and got a "No Service" message. I then called the *9 222 222 222 number and again got a "No Service" message.

Looking at my Obi100 the power light is solid green the internet is quickly flashing and the phone light is dark (off).

Also, on the dashboard, my connection is brown and says "offline."

Any other thoughts?

I don't know what calling your cell phone tells you.  If your cell phone is tied to your GV account as a forwarding phone, then it should ring REGARDLESS of whether your OBi works or not.  If that's the case, then you've someone changed something in your GV account and need to get that rectified. 

Your "offline" is likely due to the OBi not being able to log into GV.  Make sure you're using the right password and carefully try it again.  And, so we're crystal clear here - it's the password in the OBi setup for the GV account - not the password with which you log into the OBi site.

OZOi

**9ob222222222 is OBiTALK provided echo test service. It has nothing to do with GV or any other PSTN-related services. In order to be able to call it, you have to enable OBiTALK service (it's "on" by default) in your device and there should be no blocking rules, preventing that connection, in your firewall.

drbubba

As I mentioned I'm not technical.

I called **9 222 222 222 because the info from OBI told me to try it as a test call. Since I got the Welcome for the echo test (and before all I got was No Service Available) I called my cell phone to see if my home phone would dial out. Again I got the No Service Available  message. I tried the **9 222 222 222 number from my home phone one more time just to see if it might connect. It did not - No Service Available message - even though it had connected less than one minute before hand to the echo test.

I've had this OBI for 3+ years and only had a couple of issues. However, I've never had an issue with connecting and making/receiving calls. This started last night.

The dashboard has shown occasional connection to Google voice (GREEN) but more often than not it is brown (again, only since last night).  On the device configuration screen  SP1 says Google Voiceâ„¢ Account   Connected.

If I call my home phone (connected via OBI) I get my voice mail at google which I expected. The home phone does not ring. So, I can't call into nor out  from home phone.

The password in the OBi setup for the GV account is the same as my google email logon password.

Thanks for you help. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

drbubba

I unplugged the obi 100 and waited a couple of minutes before plugging it back in.

I then went to my obi dashboard and the status icon changed to green and said online.

I then went to the device configuration screen and it said  SP1 Google Voice Account Connected

I then used my home phone (obi) to call my cell just to see if I could make an outgoing call. I got the same message as before - "There is No service available to completer you call.

Its been like this off and on all day.

Rick

I didn't see where you acknowledged that you powered off, and then on, the entire setup - cable modem, router, OBi.  I see where you tried some power off, but that could have just been the OBi.  If you haven't, power all off.  Cable modem on, wait 3 minutes.  Router on, wait 3 minutes.  OBi on, wait 3 minutes.

Now - pick up your home phone and try to call your cell (of course make sure it's on).

If that doesn't work, now go to your computer and using Google Voice, have it ring your home phone and call your cell.  If that doesn't work, have it ring your cell and use that to call anything. 

If you can use the computer to ring your cell and make a call, then GV is fine.

If GV can't make the house phone ring, but you made a call off your cell with it, then it's an OBi issue.

At that point, go to www.obihai.com and click on Support, and fill out a ticket.

mcluvin737

It looks like it's been a couple of months since this discussion went dead, but I thought I'd input in case anyone else has this problem.  I was getting the no service available message the second day I had my obi set up.  What I did was pull the ethernet plug out of the obi and plug it into my laptop to verify the internet was working on that specific cord.  I disabled wifi and found out that I had no ethernet connection.  I went to my router and jiggled the ethernet cord that plugs into the obi and voila, I had internet.  Plugged back into the obi and obi was working again.  So as dumb as it sounds, make sure the ethernet going into the obi has a good connection.  That fixed it for me.

ant17

I get this message daily and have to power cycle in order to solve the problem. I have also unplugged net cable.

Still have to do this daily. I have another 110 plugged into this same router/modem with no problems at all.

Getting tired of rebooting daily. I'm sure my network is NOT the problem.