News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialplan question - Try one destination, if not available, another?

Started by devnull22, February 17, 2014, 07:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devnull22

Hi all!

I'm using a beaglebone black as an asterisk PBX server, and using an obi 110 to bridge my phone line with my pbx, and phone set. (I also have an obi 100 for an additional phone set, but it's not relevant to my question here)

I have set up my Obi and PBX to be able to bridge my phone line and my handset correctly, thanks to blogs from MichiganTelephone and Ad_Hominem! I have one bit of configuration that I'd like to implement, and am not sure how to achieve...

If ever my beagleboneblack is down, asterisk does not respond or has problems, I seem to be having luck with this dialplan in the Line interface:
{SP2,ph}
It seems to be doing what I want it to do, ring my SP2 trunk, which in turns dials all of my phones and extensions (2 obis and one IP phone in my office) and if ever the asterisk server is down, it still forwards the call to my phone connected to the obi 110 at least.

I'm trying to do something similar but the other way around, if I dial from my phone connected to the obi110, and asterisk is not available, I want it to dial the physical line and still put the call through. The dial plan is a bit more convoluted though, and doing a simple change did not seem to perform well!
Phone dialplan:
{(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{(xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mpli):pli}

I tried doing something like:
{(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1,li},{(xxxxxxxxxx):sp1,li},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mpli):pli}

but it doesn't seem to be doing what I expect it to. Any dialplan experts here that could help me get along this? I'm used enough to modifications but new to dialplans and searches in the forum enlightened me a bit but not enough to fix this on my own so far!

Thanks!

QBZappy

@devnull22

Welcome to the forum.

Defining a "trunk group" on the obi might be sufficient for your needs. The OBi tries the SP1 trunk first, then it will try the next trunk if unavailable. Determine if the delay finding the second trunk is acceptable.

Voice Services->Gateways and Trunk Groups->Trunk Group1->sp1,li

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

devnull22

Sounds like a good plan, will try it later tonight or tomorrow, if I can get the phone free for a few minutes =p Thanks for your help, pretty sure it will work after reading about trunks on the Obi!