News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trusted Caller List --- better wild card capability

Started by joelost, February 04, 2014, 07:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelost

Trusted Caller List --- better wild card capability

Well I finally got around to try using the Trusted Caller facility and was disappointed
to not see what I need in the way of wild card capability.

It says you can use partial phone number that will get matched but it only matches
the last 7 digits.  So you can leave off the area code and it will match the number without it.
Sounds BAD (broken as designed) to me because a wrong area code would match and be insecure.

I can understand how this helps overseas calls in the it might come in with 011 preface that needs
to be ignored.

BUT my situation is this:  I'm going to a hotel and dialing out of the hotel can produce various
callerids.   I might call my obi one minute and it sees 4042331200, or 4042331201 the next minute.

Get it?  The hotel has a trunc line and you never know which line you'll go out on except that they
all begin with 40423312.. 

So pattern matching that would allow 40423312**  would be really great.

ianobi

joelost – welcome to the forum.

When you enter a number into "Trusted Callers" your OBi changes all of its InboundCallRoutes (except the OBiTALK trunk) and will add a rule such as this, if using "Partial Match":

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
{(x.2331200):aa},{ph}

This means that a CallerID of none or any number of digits followed by 2331200 will be routed to your OBi Auto Attendant.

If you are happy to manually change the relevant InboundCallRoutes, then you could use a rule such as this:

{(40423312x.):aa},{ph}

This means that a CallerID of 40423312 followed by none or any number of digits will be routed to your OBi Auto Attendant.

In practice, as there may well be a "1" as the first digit of a CallerID, then this rule would cover various possibilities:

{(x.40423312x.):aa},{ph}

I'm sure that you get the idea!

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

joelost

Thanks!   Great!   I'll give it a try.

As a follow up:

I noticed when I do call in to  that SP the call goes out on the Primary/Marked line.

Could I redirect it to go out on a different line.  e.g.

e.g. I have a OBI200   SP1 is GV home, SP2 is GV work, SP3 is the "local number" I'll call from when out of town
and so I want the call to go out on SP4 GV  but when at home I want SP1 to be the Primary (default) call out number.

azrobert

Were you sleeping for a year and 2 months before you saw ianobi's reply?

Just dial an **4 prefix like **418005551212 to direct the call to SP4.
The same as you would from the phone connected to the OBi2xx.