News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to make GV calls anymore

Started by arvind1971, April 21, 2011, 07:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arvind1971

Starting today unable to mke GV calls. WAs fine as of yesterday.
When I dial out just get busy tone.

Tried deleting the device and reconfig.

Tried both on a obi110 and a obi100.
Status on obitalk portal shows GV as connected

mykmayk

unable to make gv calls even in gmail chat.  seems like a google problem.
əʞɪɯ mɪke

arvind1971

I was able to make call using Google.com/vioce call feature with no issues.

Is the marriage with Obi in trouble?

RonR

Quote from: arvind1971 on April 21, 2011, 07:20:36 PMIs the marriage with Obi in trouble?

FWIW, there's no problem making calls from the OBi through Google Voice from here.

mykmayk

i guess it's only some google accounts that are affected because i'm unable to dial out.  i keep getting a busy signal on obi. on chat, i get this:

Sorry! The phone call with (xxx) xxx-xxxx failed due to an error [Code: 3 Remote: true] at 7:34 PM.
Click here to report this to Google.
əʞɪɯ mɪke

arvind1971

RonR

Quote from: arvind1971 on April 21, 2011, 07:09:51 PMStatus on obitalk portal shows GV as connected

Are you looking at the OBi's System Status Page?:

Status -> System Status -> SPx Service Status -> Status

arvind1971

checked status.

Status Connected.

No issue on Callcentric configured as sp2

RonR

Do your outgoing GV calls show up in the Call History?

guyinsb

Fails for me as well; every call attempt results in a busy tone.
I have tried several different GV accounts; all fail.  Just started today
around noon.

If I call from an regular cell phone to a GV # setup to connect to Google Chat,
the incoming call alert pops up in my Safari window, but does complete when
I click answer - probably a red herring.  Will reinstall Gchat plugin and report back.

arvind1971

If I make call through obi then no it is neither connecting (busys signal) nor it shows in history.

If I make through google site then yes.

Also tried form my android phone it goes through fine

RonR

Quote from: arvind1971 on April 21, 2011, 07:54:06 PMIf I make call through obi then no it is neither connecting (busys signal) nor it shows in history.

Are you looking in the OBi's Call History?

arvind1971

Are you looking in the OBi's Call History?

[/quote]

Yes it does show in history
See attached screen shot.

RonR

I would suggest capturing the call with Syslog as described in the following thread and see if it sheds any light on the problem:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=707.0

OBi-Guru

Computer Gmail CallPhone is not working from certain IP addresses since earlier this afternoon.

Since OBi connection to GoogleVoice is equivalent to Gmail CallPhone, dialed numbers will return busy, incoming calls won't connect either.

There has been reports sent to Google Forum.  Need to wait till Google fix this problem.

RonR

Quote from: OBi-Guru on April 21, 2011, 08:17:54 PM
Computer Gmail CallPhone is not working from certain IP addresses since earlier this afternoon.

Since OBi connection to GoogleVoice is equivalent to Gmail CallPhone, dialed numbers will return busy, incoming calls won't connect either.

There has been reports sent to Google Forum.  Need to wait till Google fix this problem.

You might consider posting known issues like this in the "Firmware / Advisories / Notifications for OBi Products" section of the forum so users don't wonder if their OBi has failed.

daibaan

I had the GV problem since around 2pm, I can tell be cause I was making GV call into my obi just before that, then I added a speed dial, save config, reboot obi, then GV started to fail, all along I thought it was the OBi110 problem, I rebooted and reloaded different versions of saved config from backup, none of these helped, I was thinking that the OBi110 depends on OBi server to make GV call, and OBi server must be down. I suspected this because calls to ob222222222 also fail, however calls to ob333333333 has no problem reaching aa, yet, neither option "2" nor option "3" results in successful calling.

My question is: does ob333333333 uses GV for outgoing call? and why does ob222222222 fails?

RonR

Quote from: daibaan on April 21, 2011, 08:30:03 PMMy question is: does ob333333333 uses GV for outgoing call? and why does ob222222222 fails?

I can't answer your question, but I can confirm that **9 222 222 222 fails with a "No response from service provider" message and **9 333 333 333 fails as you noted.

arvind1971

Quote from: OBi-Guru on April 21, 2011, 08:17:54 PM

Any link to google forum to track?