News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No dial tone with GV and Obi110, incoming calls are OK.

Started by Inspirion1051, February 11, 2014, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspirion1051

I am using Obi110 with GV from last couple of years.
All of sudden I can't make outgoing calls. I don't get any dial tone either at the phone device connected to Obi110. I tried couple of other working phones and cables, there is no change in the same behavior.

The phone LED on OBI device remain solid green in idle state.
The LED do not blink when i off-hook the phone to make call.
But it blinks when I press "call" on phone and i get message back "your call could not be completed". When I dial any number I get stuttering dialing sound.

Surprisingly ,  even with above problem incoming calls are just fine.

Anybody in forum resolved any issue like this ?

ianobi

The odd thing here is that incoming calls work! I would power cycle the OBi110 as a first step. Power down for a few minutes, power back up and wait for a few minutes for the OBi110 to go through its boot-up process.

If still no dial tone, then check the readings at Status > PHONE & LINE Status > VBAT. It should show something like: 58v (12.1v).
Also check Status > PHONE & LINE Status > TipRingVoltage. It should show something like: 45v.

If still no dial tone, it's time to submit a ticket to Obihai. I guess after this time you are well out of any warranty period.