News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 and VOIPo MWI settings

Started by Hollywood, December 12, 2013, 08:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

Hi, I just switched from GoogleVoice to VOIPo and everything is setup and working on my SP1 setup page EXCEPT,

when I get a VoiceMail, I do not get the Message Waiting Indicator light on my Panasonic cordless phones to flash, and I don't get the stutter tone.

I went into Advanced settings and see 2 options that I don't know how to set. They are currently at default settings. DO I need to change these? "MWIEnable" and "X_VMWIEnable"

Are these what needs to be changed, or does anyone know what I need to change or set?

Thanks!

tawd1992

I can't get MWI or VMWI to work either. When I check "X_VMWIEnable" under Voice Services > SP1 Service I get a red exclamation point right next to the check box & rebooting didn't clear it.

Can someone clarify the correct steps to enable VWMI.

ProfTech

I don't know about VOIPO but with Anveo you have to set the Obi to "Subscribe" for MWI. Check X_MWISubscribe in the SIP settings and put something like "YourAccountNumber@voipo.com" in the X_MWISubscribeURI field below that.

Hollywood

Quote from: ProfTech on December 16, 2013, 08:54:18 PM
I don't know about VOIPO but with Anveo you have to set the Obi to "Subscribe" for MWI. Check X_MWISubscribe in the SIP settings and put something like "YourAccountNumber@voipo.com" in the X_MWISubscribeURI field below that.

Thanks ProTech, the 2 MWI entries just had to be unchecked from default and checked in the first column. Now it works. It's hard to understand off of this, but I'm glad everyone is here to help! Thank You!!

tawd1992

Ok, MWI & VMWI are both working now. VOIPo says to dial 123 on your phone to access voicemail, but this doesn't do anything. I know I can access voicemail online, but how do I access it from my phone? Thanks.

ProfTech

Not sure if you've already solved this, but you will need to do one of 2 things. Either set up a speed dial and a star code in the Obi OR configure it in your digit maps. Unfortunately, I don't have any information about what VOIPo requires so the simplest way may be to put it in the digit maps. Callcentric has the same requirement.