News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

e911 setup difficulty

Started by MurrayB, February 11, 2014, 12:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurrayB

I am using an Obi 110. I dropped the PSTN and added e911 to one of the VOIP.ms numbers. The number is on ITSP Profile B and the default on the Phone port is SP2. Dialing 911 gives me an Obi message about no configuration. When I dialed **2911 the call went through and showed up on the history. The previous 911 calls without **2 did not appear in the history.

The phone port outbound call route is default and appears to contain 911. I modified the beginning of of the ITSP Profile B general digit map to add 911 to the beginning of the string per a search I did but that did not do anything. (911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>etc.

I control the settings locally not through the website. I am really confused. Hopefully, someone will shed some light.

azrobert

The following is the default 911 rule in Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:
{(<#:>|911):li}

Change it to:
{911:sp2}

azrobert

I did not read your post closely and there is a better way than my above suggestion.

This is the default Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

You said in your post the default Phone Primary Line is set to SP2.
The rule {(Mpli):pli} points to the Primary line and is the equivalent to {(Msp2):sp2}.
The OutboundCallRoute is processed left to right, so rule {(<#:>|911):li} will match 911 first.
To fix the problem just remove {(<#:>|911):li}.

MurrayB

Hi Azrobert

Thank you so much for your help!

It seems counter intuitive to remove 911 from the string but so much of this is. I will remove it and test it. Should I set the ITSP B string back to default removing the 911|I added to the beginning of the string?

azrobert

You have two choices.

Leave 911 in the ITSP B DigitMap and remove the 911 rule from the OutboundCallRoute.

or

Remove 911 from the ITSP B DigitMap and make the change I suggested in my first post.

MurrayB

Thanks for your help azrobert this is now making sense to me. I will make the changes and test it tomorrow when the dispatch supervisor is on duty.

I attempted to search to get the answer but as you see I could not find or I did not comprehend the full story.

MurrayB

Hello Everyone

Thank you so much azrobert - I defaulted the ITSP B DigitMap which removed the 911 I added and modified the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute per your instructions.

e911 call goes through flawlessly.

Thanks Again!