News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Verifying 911 set-up

Started by Feldon, February 24, 2014, 06:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feldon

I just got started with voip.ms and an Obi110.  It's a simple set-up: The Obi110 connects to voip.ms on SP1 via the Phone port.  Nothing else happening here.  Normal calling and voicemail seems to be working.

Question 1:  I have voip.ms configured for e911.  However, it's unclear to me whether the Obi110 is going to route a 911 call to SP1.

• Physical Interface --> Phone Port is basically at default (except for Primary line set to SP1 Service).
  • Voice Services --> SP1 Service has the CallerIDName set to my phone number, to match the e911 service from voip.ms

Do I need to change Physical Interfaces --> Outgoing Call Route so that 911 goes to :sp1 rather than to :li?  Is there anything else I need to do here?

Question 2:  I'm a little confused between the Phone Port digitmap and the ITSP Profile digitmap.  How do these work together?  For example, if you add something like '*97' to the ITSP Profil digitmap, why don't you also have to change the Phone Port digitmap in some way?

Thank you.

azrobert

Question 1
Change the rule in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.
To: {(<#:>):li},{911:sp1}

The {(<#:>):li} will get you dial tone on the line port when you dial #

Question 2

After you dial a number the Phone Port DigitMap verifies the dialed number.
If the dialed number fails verification it will be rejected.

If the number is not rejected it is passed to the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.
Processing goes left to right and on the first match the call is routed out the specified trunk.
If there is no match you will get a message something like "no available routes".

The ITSP and Line DigitMaps only come into play if they are referenced by the Phone Port DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute.

Ignoring the **n rules there is only one rule in Phone Port DigitMap and OutBoundCallRoute that reference a trunk DigitMap.

In the DigitMap: (Mpli)
In the OutBoundCallRoute: {(Mpli):pli}

Mpli points to the Primary Line DigitMap
pli points to the Primary Line Trunk

So in your case they point to ITSP A DigitMap and SP1 trunk.

If you add *97 to the ITSP A DigitMap it's automatically added to the Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute via the refer backs.

OneForTheTeam

In addition most providers also allow 933 to test the E911 setup. So you can also add |933 pattern to any place you use 911 in your digit maps to test your E911 setup.