News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 stops working

Started by Jeffy, April 22, 2011, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffy

I have an OBi110 that stops working every few days.  If I unplug it and plug it in again it will work for a few days and then it stops working again.  Has anyone else had this problem?

RonR

In what way does it stop working?  No dialtone?  No longer reports connected?  Can't call echo test?

You need to be very detailed about the problem if you expect to get any meaningful help.

Jeffy

I do get a dial tone but if I dial a number I get this message, "There is no service available to complete your call."  Also, all the lights are out except the power light.  It seems that it loses the internet connection until I turn it off and on again.  The echo test works.  It is still under warranty.
Any ideas?

RonR

How long does it take for the OBi to stop working?

Does the echo test stop working until you cycle the power?  If not, then you're not losing the connection to the Internet.

If the echo test does stop working until you cycle the power, you might try connecting the OBi directly to your modem to see if the problem goes away.  Some routers don't behave properly with VoIP.

Jeffy

It stops working about one or two times each week.  I think the echo test worked when I could not make a call.  I will try the echo test again when Obi stops working again.  Thanks for trying to help.

M105

I have noticed that if I disconnect the network cable from my Obi to my router for whatever reason and then reconnect the cable, the Obi doesn't always recover.  It will sit there forever like you describe and give you the error message when you try to make a call.  This may sound overly simple but check your cable connection or swap it for another cable.

RonR

Quote from: M105 on April 29, 2011, 08:31:09 PM
I have noticed that if I disconnect the network cable from my Obi to my router for whatever reason and then reconnect the cable, the Obi doesn't always recover.  It will sit there forever like you describe and give you the error message when you try to make a call.  This may sound overly simple but check your cable connection or swap it for another cable.

FWIW, here's what I see related to Ethernet cable disconnections:

1.  Less than 10 seconds : Normal operation resumes as soon as the Ethernet cable is reconnected.

2.  More than 10 seconds : The power LED blinks.  As soon as the Ethernet cable is reconnected, a reboot occurs and normal operation resumes.

Reboot Reason Code : 13 - Reboot on Data Networking Link Re-establishment

yhfung

I have experienced the same situation as Jeffy. I have not modified anything except powering up the device. It was suddenly not able to work anymore.

Finally, I disabled the DHCP service and use the static ip, gateway, dns, my OBi110 worked again.

I believe whenever OBi110 has any problem, try to solve the problem by applying the method shown above.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com