News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Enable full call screening?

Started by Pinan, April 22, 2011, 06:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinan

Is there a way to fully enable call screening? In other words, to have a caller leave their name (the first time) then hear that name when they call (everytime), press 1 to accept, etc, etc.? I have call screening Enabled at Google.com

I'm surprised that this does not work as it does with regular GV.

Disabling X_SkipCallScreening allows for the prompts, but does not speak the callers name, therefore being useless.

I could fine no referrences to this anywhere. I actually love this feature, though I understand that some may not.

Thank you. :-)

jimates

When the call is picked up by Google Chat a different call screening is used by Google. I don't know why they would have it that way, but they do.

The only way to use the other one would be through a forwarding phone connected to the line port of the Obi.

Pinan

Thanks for the reply jimates. Yeah. One of the best features of GV is unavailable with Obi. ???

Hopefully in the future they come up with a better way, and we can have call screening back.....if so desired. I do.