News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiLINE - FXO to USB Phone Line Adapter

Started by Hortoristic, February 13, 2014, 02:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

Is the "OBiLINE - FXO to USB Phone Line Adapter" how I can hook up a PSTN to my Obi202?  I could for example plug in my XFinity Voice land line?

If true; is it any harder to configure to make my 202 dial out on e911 on it or make general outgoing calls - any harder than configuring any other SP?

drgeoff

Hortoristic

So using the admin interface to the OBI202 device (not Obitalk) - I want it to change my default dial out provider through the OBILINE instead of currently its SP1.  

Can you provide the syntax - I'm guessing instead of SP1 it would be PSTN?

I think:
Physical Interfaces > Phone1 Port > Phone Port > PrimarLine=PSTN Line would change my default dial out to PSTN (obiline).

And what about my 911 - I was using voip.ms but am going to revert to my Comcast PSTN line - is my 911 entry below correct - it used to say {911:sp2}:

{911:PSTN},
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},
{(<#:>):ph2},
{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},
{**0:aa},
{***:aa2},
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},
{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

azrobert

I don't have an OBi202, but I assume the Line Port would be defined the same as an OBi110.
You have 3 choices.

{911:li},

{911:pli},

pli points to the Primary Line, so if you want to revert back to SP1, you just have to change the Primary Line.

Delete {911:sp1} and don't replace it.
Add 911| to the Line Port DigitMap.

The last rule {(Mpli):pli} points to the Primary Line DigitMap and Trunk.

Hortoristic

Not getting your step "Add 911| to the Line Port DigitMap." ?

Line Port DigitMap is currently:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

azrobert

Set it to:
(911|xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

The xx. in a digit map will delay the outbound call unless you end the dialed number with a #

IMHO the following is a better DigitMap:
(911|xxxxxxxS4|1?xxxxxxxxxx)

The 1?xxxxxxxxxx will match a dialed number with or without the country code (10 or 11 digits).

Hortoristic

I have noticed quite a delay now since I started dialing through Comcast instead of GV, is that related to this setting?

giqcass

The settings for the line port will not show up until the Obline is actually plugged in.  My suggestion is to test the obiline after you plug it in (to the obi and the outgoing line) by pressing ##.  That should give you the dial tone.  If it doesn't you may need to reset the digit maps and OutboundCallRoute on both phone ports to default.

Then add {911:li}, to the outbound call routes in both phone ports.  
Long live our new ObiLords!

Hortoristic

Been making calls ok, incoming and out. Just the as expected annoying thing is outgoing calls can't be spoofed so people are seeing my Comcast number. But now that I got the 911 sorted I can cancel voip.ms for e911.

Voip.ms despite my long relationship wouldnt offer me a plan that was cheaper than a penny a minute. 2,000 minutes would have been $20. Not very flexible of them. I still use them for out of country calls though.

giqcass

For those of us that had modified our DigitMaps / OutboundCallRoutes before the Obline even existed their are missing references in the DigitMaps / OutboundCallRoutes that are needed for full functionality of the obiline.  That's why I suggested testing ##.  Obihai doesn't mention that anywhere in the installation guide.
Long live our new ObiLords!