News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet - New VOIP Provider

Started by azrobert, February 18, 2014, 06:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

They are offering $10.00 free credit to try their service.
U.S.A rate is $.01 per minute.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29042024-General-CircleNet-LLC-announcement

giqcass

I signed up and sent them a few suggestions already.  Looks like they need to do a lot of work.
EDIT: I thought it was going to take some time to get the credit.  They sent it almost immediately.
Long live our new ObiLords!

gderf

If you want to get free $10 credit, you have to get signed up before midnight (EST is assumed) tonight, Tuesday Feb. 18.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29045237-
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

azrobert

Quote from: giqcass on February 18, 2014, 03:36:03 PM
I thought it was going to take some time to get the credit.  They sent it almost immediately.

I signed up at 8:30PM on Monday and got the Email credit confirmation 2:10AM Tuesday, so don't worry if don't receive it immediately.

giqcass

Anyone actually tested it yet.  I registered my Grandstream because I didn't want to mess with my current Obi settings.  When I placed the first call the CID simply said Blocked.  No complaints on call quality.  It looks like they are planning some calling card features similar to localphone but they are not yet implemented.

azrobert

Quote from: giqcass on February 18, 2014, 06:30:23 PM
When I placed the first call the CID simply said Blocked. 

Sign into your account.
Click on "Add Caller ID".
Key in your ID and click "Add New CallerID".
The ID must be 1xxxxxxxxxx

gderf

Anyone actually tested it yet.

I registered for it yesterday.

I couldn't get CID working until they were able to do some debugging on their end and got it solved.

Calls made yesterday and this morning were choppy and a few were dropped. This was due to a routing problem between them and my ISP and much higher than expected demand. They got the routing problem solved and added more bandwidth this evening. Call quality is now good.

They have decided to cut back on the free trial amount, to what I don't know. But I thought they were being generous with what amounts to a 1,000 minute trial for US to US calling.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

giqcass

I saw something on the web page that suggested the trial amount might be $5 in the future.

In addition to making a call with a registered device you can route an IPkall call number to your user name@outbound.circlenet.us .  If you call that number you get prompted to enter a pin.  The pin is your user name.  Then you can make an outbound call.  I found that you can call anynumber@outbound.circlenet.us and you will be prompted for a pin which is your user name after that the call will go out immediately to the number in front of the @ sign.

I have CID working but I don't know yet if it was a change that I made or if it simply takes time for CID to start working.  I believe it was the latter.

giqcass

Quote from: azrobert on February 18, 2014, 06:45:20 PM
When I placed the first call the CID simply said Blocked. 

Sign into your account.
Click on "Add Caller ID".
Key in your ID and click "Add New CallerID".
The ID must be 1xxxxxxxxxx

I had done that but the change took a while before it showed up on outbound calls even though it showed up in the portal.