News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use Obi110 to bridge Yealink T46 to PSTN Line

Started by Fordvw, February 20, 2014, 08:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fordvw

I have bee using an Obi202 with Callcentric with no problems for several months. I bought an Obi110 to be able to connect a POTS line to my Yealink T46 VOIP Phone. I already have two Callcentric extensions connected to two lines on the T46 and an Apptix extension to another line on it. I have left Line 1 open to be able to connect a PSTN line through an Obi 110 so that I only have one phone on my desk.  I have spent hours trying to set it up using advice from u other posts to no avail.

I think what I wan to do is simple but I am confused. I want to connect my Yealink T46 to the Obi110 and connect a POTS line to the Line Port of the Obi110. How do I do this? What is the configuration so that I can use my Yealink as a normal extension ont he POTS line?  I have spent hours trying different configurations and none of them work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Fordvw

azrobert

If the Yealink can dial out without registration do the following:

OBi110

Service Provider -> SP1 Service

X_InboundCallRoute:
{yealink>(Mli):li},{ph}

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port

InboundCallRoute:
{ph,sp1(yealink@192.168.1.100:5060;ui=$1)}

192.168.1.100:5060 = IP address of the Yealink
This assumes SP1 is enabled and defined as SIP.
It doesn't matter if it's already used for Callcentric.

If SP1 is not defined setup a dummy definition:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : anything
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)

Yealink

Server = 192.168.1.110:5060
UserID = yealink
Password = anything

192.168.1.110 is IP address of OBi110

Fordvw

There is no registration option on the Yealink.There is a "Unregister When Reboot" option. Is this the same?

THanks

azrobert

I'm not familiar with the Yealink, so I can't answer your question. You can just try the "Unregister When Reboot" option and see what happens, but to me it doesn't sound like the correct parm. I believe in some softphones setting the Registration Period to zero will unregister the account.

Maybe someone else can help you with the Yealink.

If the Yealink can't dial out without registration here are some options:

You can use another service like PBXes.org or Yate server.
see: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5411.0

You can use Callcentric, but it would be 2 stage dialing. Register the OBi110 and the Yealink to Callcentric as sub-accounts. The Yealink would call the OBi110 extension. The OBi110's Auto Attendant will answer and then dial out the Line Port.

A phone on one of the OBI202's Phone Ports can dial out the Line Port on the OBi110.

Fordvw

Thank you for your suggestions. They are very helpful. I like your idea of zero in the Registration Period.

I'm at the office but will try them later today.

Thanks -

Fordvw

Robert,

I set it up as you suggested. The line does appear on the phone as registered but is abel to receive inbound calls. However, when I try to make outgoing calls I get a dial tone and dial and the line rings BUT it just rings, rings and rings with no connection. When I tried to call my cell, the Yealink rang and rang but no call came through my cell. 

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe there is no outgoing route setup?

Thanks, Ford

azrobert

Sign directly into the OBi110 via the Web interface.

A status page will appear.
Scroll down to SP1 Service Status.
What is the status?

Next, click on Status below Setup Wizard on the left side of screen.
Then click on Call History.
Are there any inbound calls for SP1?
Terminal ID will equal SP1.

Did you setup SP1 with the dummy definition?

Dial on the Yealink a number like 9999 that won't match the OBi110 Line Port DigitMap.
Does the OBi110 Phone Port ring?
You don't need a phone connected to the phone port.
The Phone Port LED (2nd from right) will flash.

Fordvw

A status page will appear.
Scroll down to SP1 Service Status.
What is the status?

> THE STATUS IS "Registration Not Required"

Next, click on Status below Setup Wizard on the left side of screen.
Then click on Call History.
Are there any inbound calls for SP1?
Terminal ID will equal SP1.

> YES, there are several

Did you setup SP1 with the dummy definition?

> I gave it the AuthUserName of Yealink and used the X_Inbound Call Route you gave me

Dial on the Yealink a number like 9999 that won't match the OBi110 Line Port DigitMap.
Does the OBi110 Phone Port ring?
You don't need a phone connected to the phone port.
The Phone Port LED (2nd from right) will flash.

Thanks for all your help.

Best, FVW
>  YES, it does flash and I get ringing in the Yealink handset

azrobert

If the Phone Port is flashing the call from the Yealink is getting to the OBi110, but it is not matching the InboundCallRoute rule.

{yealink>(Mli):li},{ph}

yealink in the above rule must match what you defined in the Yealink as UserID. It is case sensitive. Also, I made several changes to my original post.  If I remember correctly I had a Blank in the above rule. Make sure you didn't copy it before I removed the blank.

You can check the call history on the OBi110. The Peer Number should be yealink.

The DigitMap Mli also has to match the number you dialed.
This is the default Line Port DigitMap (Mli):
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

The xx. will match any number you dial.

Fordvw

I checked everything you mentioned and noticed one aspect was not as you described:

The Peer Number int he call history for my outgoing calls does not show Yealink (I capitalized the Y in everything), but rather shows the IP address of the Yealink - 10.0.1.44 (I have attached a screen shot).

I am also wondering if I should have the Proxy Server option enables on the Yealink?

Also, I do not have a password on either the Yealink or Obi110. Just want to confirm this is correct?

Thanks, Ford

Fordvw

I also did some more research and discovered that some SIP ALG functions on routers create problems by messing up the IP's in headers. I have a ZyZel ZyWall 50 Firewall/Router which has it on by default. Could this also be creating issues?

Thanks, Ford

azrobert

It's always a good idea to turn off SIP ALG, but I don't think it's causing this problem.

Are you sure you changed the correct UserID on the Yealink? Maybe it's AuthUserID.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Change the Inbound route to:

{10.0.1.44>(Mli):li},{ph}

azrobert

Here are a couple nasty things about the OBi110 Line Port settings.

RingDelay default is 4 seconds (4000 milliseconds). The OBi110 will start ringing 4 seconds after a call comes in. This delay is needed to process the CallerID. I have mine set at 3000, but you can probably set it a little lower. If you set it too low CallerID will not display on the Yealink.

The OBi110 uses Silence Detection as one of several methods to determine when the other end hangs up. The default is 60 seconds, so if you are put on hold for 60 seconds the OBi110 will hang up. It's up to you if you want to disable or increase the value.

Fordvw

Changing the Yealink to the IP address worked in the Inbound under Line!  Thank you for your help.  Much appreciated.

Also, your other comments relative to the Obi110 are very helpful.

Thanks, Fordvw

giqcass

Quote from: azrobert on February 22, 2014, 07:47:22 AM
Here are a couple nasty things about the OBi110 Line Port settings.

RingDelay default is 4 seconds (4000 milliseconds). The OBi110 will start ringing 4 seconds after a call comes in. This delay is needed to process the CallerID. I have mine set at 3000, but you can probably set it a little lower. If you set it too low CallerID will not display on the Yealink.

The OBi110 uses Silence Detection as one of several methods to determine when the other end hangs up. The default is 60 seconds, so if you are put on hold for 60 seconds the OBi110 will hang up. It's up to you if you want to disable or increase the value.

Thanks for that info!  I was not aware of the Silence Detection issue.  I just got an Obi110 when they had the presidents day special.
Long live our new ObiLords!

azrobert

Quote from: giqcass on February 22, 2014, 01:42:42 PM
Thanks for that info!  I was not aware of the Silence Detection issue.  I just got an Obi110 when they had the presidents day special.

I wasn't aware of it either until it bit me.

I was talking to Dell support and the rep would put the phone down while checking something on the computer and we kept getting disconnected. That's when I checked into it.

jd3030

Basic question...
Does this setup allow you to use the line for google voice or are you just using it as a bridge?

I want to try and setup google voice with my yealink phone.  I have done a lot of research, but yet to find a clear solution.

azrobert

You can direct the call from the IP Phone to any trunk defined on your OBi.

Assuming GV is defined on SP1 make the following change:
X_InboundCallRoute: {yealink>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

You need to define the dummy trunk on SP2
Also include the following parm:
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B   

What model OBi do you have?
If you have an OBi1xx then the IP phone must be able to call without registration.
You can register an IP Phone to an OBi2xx.

xiaonvren

Thank you for your suggestions. They are very helpful. I like your idea of zero in the Registration Period.