News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Message Waiting Indicator/Stutter Tone?

Started by rickydee, April 22, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickydee

I recently successfully installed and Obi110 with Google voice as a secondary provider and my cable companies VOIP as the primary provider.  I recently missed a call which went to my cable company's voicemail system where a message was left.  Normally after a message is left/waiting my phone's/handset's indicator light would flash to indicate there was a message waiting, however, after installing the Obi110 there is no message indicator light flashing (once the Obi110 is utilized/connect with my exisiting Cablevision VOIP service).  Is there a way to restore this connectivity/passthrough while utilizing the Obi110?  Also will my phone line stutter tone like it did pre-Obi110 to indicate there is a message/voicemail on the Cablevision VOIP line?  Is it possible to configure it to behave this way.

jimates

Settings for message waiting only exist in Voice Service > SP1 or SP2. As far as the stutter tone, if you press # on the phone it will connect direct to your voip dial tone with proper MW indication. Other than that I don't see a MW indication except for the SP lines.