News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

3.0.1 (4303) Can No Longer Receive Calls

Started by IrwinFamily, February 27, 2014, 11:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

Quote from: Mango on March 03, 2014, 10:30:50 AM
Guys, remember that OBiTALK can update your firmware automatically, even if Automatic Firmware Update is disabled.
You are right.  But if they do it this time forcibly with the garbage they created I may have to use my spare credit card and order a IP phone system and say farewell to this hassle.

obiliving

Dear Customers,

We apologize for the recent problems with respect to the latest f/w release.
There are multiple problems. One is related to the new option X_EnforceRequestUserID which turns out to be benign in most cases. The other one is due to the OBiTALK setup wizard that has generated an old X_InboundCallRoute that is incompatible with the new f/w behavior. We have just fixed the OBiTALK setup wizard.

If your device is still under OBiTALK management, you can simply power-cycle your device once so that our setup wizard can re-generate the proper X_InboundCallRoute to install on your device momentarily.

If you need further assistance, please email us at support@obihai.com.

We appreciate your support of the OBi products.

Obihai Support

Mango

Specifically what about the X_InboundCallRoute is incompatible?

gderf

Quote from: Mango on March 03, 2014, 02:07:46 PM
Specifically what about the X_InboundCallRoute is incompatible?

It looked OK to me. It was the very first thing I checked when I got upgraped ;)
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

obi-support2

This rule {>[Your Account User ID]:ph} will no longer work (with some service providers) with the new f/w.
If you have this and you experience incoming call problems after f/w update, try replacing that with just {ph}, {ph2}, or {ph,ph2} yourself if you are managing the device yourself. Otherwise, our device management server will take care of that fix.
OBIHAI Support Staff

chicobiker

Ok, I have the latest firmware update installed in my obi200 and just made a remote change to sp1 then changed it back to what I had before so my obi would recycle.  I am very remote from my obi right now and was hoping this would work vs power recycle.  Just called our obi and can report that it now rings correctly and goes to voice mail normally.  Hoping everyone's is fixed.

gderf

It's fixed now.

What I am not sure about is that X_EnforceRequestUserID appears to be disabled by default, and X_InboundCallRoute is set to 'ph' only. Is this the intended configuration?

obi-support2

X_EnforceRequestUserID is disabled by default (in 3.0.1.4318) but you can change it by yourself using the Expert Config on OBITALK if you need it.

Regarding ph or ph1,ph2, I believe this is the option you picked when used the setup wizard originally.

OBIHAI Support Staff

gderf

Quote from: obi-support2 on March 03, 2014, 02:41:50 PM
Regarding ph or ph1,ph2, I believe this is the option you picked when used the setup wizard originally.

When I set my OBi up originally it was set to {>[Your Account User ID]:ph} all by itself. I never specified that.

Mango

Quote from: obi-support2 on March 03, 2014, 02:22:32 PM
This rule {>[Your Account User ID]:ph} will no longer work

It seems like a pretty bad idea to have different versions of syntax that work with different firmware versions, especially since there was no inherent problem with the syntax before.

gderf

So, if I am understanding this correctly, the protection that was available via X_InboundCallRoute -> {>[Your Account User ID]:ph} is no longer enabled by default and to get it back X_EnforceRequestUserID must be enabled?

QBZappy

Quote from: Mango on March 03, 2014, 03:06:31 PM
Quote from: obi-support2 on March 03, 2014, 02:22:32 PM
This rule {>[Your Account User ID]:ph} will no longer work

It seems like a pretty bad idea to have different versions of syntax that work with different firmware versions, especially since there was no inherent problem with the syntax before.

Different not only between different firmware versions but also now different between the OBi1XX and the OBi2XX since the upgrade was only for the Obi2XX.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

gderf

I think it was a plot to push the Oleg method into obscurity :)

QBZappy

Quote from: gderf on March 03, 2014, 03:21:20 PM
I think it was a plot to push the Oleg method into obscurity :)

I had exactly the same thought. This is a conspiracy to avoid any royalty payments to oleg for the one-upmanship he displayed by documenting his simple solution, when in all evidence obihai should have been providing this. The "oleg method" has been referenced so many times on this forum that he has reached mythical Guru status. His posts are few, however they have been significant.  :)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Tobi

No calls and can't use OBITALK to configure GoogleVoice this afternoon (as of 6 PM Pacific).  OBITALK reports "Service Not Configured".  The OBI 100 Admin screens for SP1 and 2 were all reset to default and the box rebooted.  Not a fix.

Ideas will be warmly received.

gderf

Unsubscribe the OBi from OBiTALK,
Reset the unit to factory default with the paper clip,
Optionally downgrade the firmware to the previous working release if you can find it),
Add the OBi back into OBiTALK (if you choose to use the service),
Reconfigure the OBi.

Tobi

gderf .... you've saved me from having no supper this evening, unless I make it myself.  GoogleVoice shows "connected" by OBITALK.

But, the experience has been a motivator to get handy with direct setup via the OBI 100 Admin screens.

gderf

I'm glad I was able to help you. Many of us were really hosed by the recent firmware upgrade.

So, how much of what I suggested did you do?

carl

as reported elswhere, I finally got it going too. But it is interesting that somebody had problems with google voice, because that was the only thing which seemingly was not affected, at least in my case.

SteveInWA

Quote from: carl on March 03, 2014, 08:47:16 PM
as reported elswhere, I finally got it going too. But it is interesting that somebody had problems with google voice, because that was the only thing which seemingly was not affected, at least in my case.

The Google Voice issue, whatever it might have been, was a "red herring".  Google Voice doesn't use SIP, and so it would have been unaffected by this change.