News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

3.0.1 (4303) Can No Longer Receive Calls

Started by IrwinFamily, February 27, 2014, 11:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrwinFamily

I just updated my OBi 202 to the latest 4303 firmware and now I can not receive calls.
Everything looks fin on the ObiTalk portal. SP1 and SP2 are both registered with different extensions on CallCentric. The CallCentric Dashboard shows all extensions registered. I can place calls At first I would get either a busy signal or ring when calling my numbers from other phones. Now they direct straight to Voice Mail. CallCentric shows all the calls received, even before they were directing to VM. It's like something in the device changed where CallCentric can no longer ring or deliver to the device. My OBi 110 is also registered with a CallCentric extension, and it still works fine.
I saw previous posts with Static/DHCP troubles after upgrading, so I changed from Static to DHCP. The IP address of the device changed, but still could not receive calls. I switched back to my static address. That part works fine, but still no receive. I use this for work obviously, and am scheduled to be on the phones in the morning. HELP!

QBZappy

@IrwinFamily

Not a solution, but until you figure this out you might need to use a softphone on your computer registered directly to your voip service provider. At least you can keep working.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

DrJay

I had the same problem after the update today. Here's how I fixed it:

1. Deleted CallCentric from SP1 on ObiTalk.com
2. Added CallCentric account back to SP1 on ObiTalk.com
3. Cycled power on the ObiHAI 202.

Not sure if steps 1 & 2 alone, step 3 alone or a combination of all three steps did the trick but everything is back to normal.

1. Calls to my Google Voice number still forward to the OBiHAI via my CallCentric account's native number
2. Outbound calls on SP1 go through CallCentric with the outbound CID spoofed as my GV number.
3. Calls to my CallCentric number - which no one knows but me. Well and GoogleVoice  ;) - ring the phones connected to the OBiHAI.

carl

Mango

RonR at DSLR suggests: Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_EnforceRequestUserID : (unchecked)

Anyone who is having the problem, please test and report if this solves it.

gderf

Quote from: Mango on March 01, 2014, 07:01:17 PM

I can confirm that the suggestion fixes the problem.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

IrwinFamily

RonR at DSLR suggests: Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_EnforceRequestUserID : (unchecked)

That did not work for me. I disconnected the 202 from the network, reset to default with a paperclip, removed the device from Obitalk and started fresh. After reconfiguring everything, I performed the suggested fix and still cannot receive calls. I purchased an OBI100 locally to get me through and it is working perfectly.
I like to idea of blocking the SIP Bots, but only if it WORKS. This has effectively bricked my 202. Amy other suggestions?

gderf

@IrwinFamily

Have you tried downgrading to the previous firmware 3-0-1-4269?

That solved my problem.

carl

Quote from: IrwinFamily on March 01, 2014, 09:06:10 PM

That did not work for me. I disconnected the 202 from the network, reset to default with a paperclip, removed the device from Obitalk and started fresh. After reconfiguring everything, I performed the suggested fix and still cannot receive calls. I purchased an OBI100 locally to get me through and it is working perfectly.
I like to idea of blocking the SIP Bots, but only if it WORKS. This has effectively bricked my 202. Amy other suggestions?

Having the same problem. Obihai is not supportive on this.  The solution they suggest will not work. Closing the thread does not help either.

Mango

They locked the other thread because it was a duplicate of this one.  We can still post here.

Give downgrading a try and let us know how it works.

http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi202-3-0-1-4269.fw

carl

As reported elsewhere, the upgrade apparently messed up everything on the device, Obihai made changes in inbound call routing parameters so now i DO have incoming calls but for outbound calls the SIP providers are still dead.  The firmware downgrade was not able to change that. :(

DrJay

Quote from: Mango on March 02, 2014, 09:09:39 AM
They locked the other thread because it was a duplicate of this one.  We can still post here.

Give downgrading a try and let us know how it works.

http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi202-3-0-1-4269.fw

I downgraded to .4269. All is well again.

Now if I can just ignore the yellow triangle "Firmware Update" indicator on the OBiTALK dashboard...  8)

chicobiker

(4318) update is out reverting the previous update.

carl

Quote from: chicobiker on March 02, 2014, 02:42:57 PM
Too late for me. My outbound calling is permanently dead.

gderf

I doubt it is permanently dead. Try deleting your OBi from OBiTALK. Then reset it to the factory defaults. Then downgrade the firmware. Then reconfigure it from scratch.

MikeHObi

upgraded my 202.  Working fine for incoming and outgoing.  Is currently using GV for both the incoming and outgoing due to the GV issues with fowarding through providers like Anveo and Callcentric.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

gderf

Quote from: chicobiker on March 02, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

There is more to this than reverting to the previous configuration of X_EnforceRequestUserID.

I was able to get my OBi working again by reverting from 3.0.1 (4303) back to 3.0.1 (4269).

But when I upgrade to the latest 3.0.1 (4318) my OBi is broken once again.

The only thing I did to fix it again was to downgrade back to 3.0.1 (4269).

Are the OBihai folks reading this post? If so please explain this to us!

gderf

Quote from: MikeHObi on March 02, 2014, 03:29:55 PM
upgraded my 202.  Working fine for incoming and outgoing.  Is currently using GV for both the incoming and outgoing due to the GV issues with fowarding through providers like Anveo and Callcentric.

There was never a firmware problem with GV for outgoing or incoming.

Ostracus

Works fine on this end, although the bulk of calls goes through the Obi110.