News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Bluetooth connection with cell phone not working.

Started by Jim000111, February 28, 2014, 06:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim000111

I have a Obi202 and and Obi Blue Tooth USB device ObiBT.  I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 cellular phone.  I have inserted the ObiBT into the USB port of the OBi202 and paired the device with my Samsung Note 3.  It shows as a paired device in the Samsung Note 3 Bluetooth list.

SP1 is Google Voice and SP2 is another VOIP provider.  SP2 is set as the default call out VOIP.  Everything was working well before the OBiBT was inserted and everything except the following works after the installation of the OBiBT

However, when anyone phones the cellular, none of the other phone that is connected to the OBi202 does not ring.

When I dial **8 and phone numbers, it does not call numbers via the cellular service provider.

The main reason to use the BlueTooth device was to have my physical phone (connected to the OBi202) ring when I received a call on my cellular.  The second reason was to be able to place calls on my physical phone and have those phone calls connect through my celluar.

I would appreciate any suggestions that anyone may have.  Thanks in advance.

The configuration in the OBiTalk setup shows that the physical phone should ring when the BT device receives a call, but it does not work.

Jim

Jim000111

Although I am certainly not an expert or anywhere close to being an expert, I believe the problem may be with the digit map.  The service provider is in Latin America and the country code is 507 and cellular numbers are 8 digits xxxx xxxx.  The default digit maps appear to be designed for the United States and Canada.  Unfortunately, I do not have the expertise to know how to change the digit map to accommodate the difference.  The 507 and 8 additional digits makes a total of 11 digits, whereas the default appears to be set for 10 digits.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jim