News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Factory Password not accepted by Obihai 110 and need to reset it!

Started by cutito39, February 21, 2014, 11:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutito39

After I contracted a plan with Obivoice, its service was installed as the primary line on my Obihai 110 using an automatic program configuration that displaced my local landline service. While trying to reconfigure it, something went wrong: now Obihai 110 does not accept the factory password "admin". I have unsuccessfully tried many times in order to reset it to factory settings. My account at Obitalk website shows that "admin" is the password, but when I try to logging to Obihai 110 using its IP address, it does not take the above-mentioned password.  I need help to reset Obihai 110. The device does not have a physical reset hole, so it have to be done by telephone and using the password. HELP!

Don Quixote  ???

cluckercreek

Per the instructions from Obivoice do not use the ObiTalk portal. Instead use the IP address of your Obi to make the configurations. That's what I've been doing with success.

azrobert

The factory reset button is on the bottom of the unit. There are a bunch of holes lined up in rows. There is one hole by itself next to one row of holes. That is the factory reset access hole. You need a paper clip to press the button.

To reset by phone dial ***8 then 1 to confirm.
The instructions on page 27-28 of the user guide.

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf