News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disabling ObiTalk service has no effect

Started by shap, May 20, 2011, 11:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shap

Hi,

I see a strange bug - if you go to Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service Settings, and remove check on "Enable", you still (after reboot) will see that ObiTalk is connected and you still be able to make a calls using the ObiTalk network (I just dialed using my iPhone through my Obi110 gateway).

So basically, this setting has no effect. Can anyone confirm this issue ?

RonR

When I disable the OBiTALK service, I see "Status Disabled" and any attempts to make calls from the OBi gets "There is no service available to complete your call."

shap

Just wait for some period - you will see that "Disabled" will turn to 'Normal". I do not remember how much time this should take - I just rebooted and will update you when it happens.

shap

It takes about an 10-15 minutes - and you will see it re-enable itself

jimates

If you managing your obi from the web interface you have to disable auto provisioning or all settings will be overwritten by the Obitalk settings.
Web Interface > System Management > Auto Provisioning - set to "disabled"

If you are managing from the "Expert Device Settings" from the dashboard, you do not need to change the provisioning, it will automatically be set to "periodically" by Obitalk.

RonR

Quote from: shap on May 21, 2011, 12:57:53 AM
It takes about an 10-15 minutes - and you will see it re-enable itself

Mine did not re-enable itself after 20+ minutes.

shap

I checked once more and still can conform this issue. I do not use auto provisioning.
The check box is remains unchecked, however on status page I see:

OBiTALK Service Status:Normal (User Mode)

RonR

I've disabled the OBiTALK Service and will leave it for hours instead of minutes this time.

RonR

After 3 hours and 20 miutes, it's still disabled:

UpTime     0 Days 3:20:52 (4)

Status       Disabled

yhfung

shap,

Please update your OBi device with the most updated firmware.

There two ways to manage your OBi device, either the local ip address or OBitalk portal but not both.

If the problem persists, you may consider to factory reset your OBi110 before upgrading your OBi device with the updated firmware and use the OBiTalk portal method.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

shap

Hi,

I have the latest build: "1.2.1 (Build: 2286)"

so it is not a build issue.