News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial Tone prompts for each outgoing account

Started by N2VWZ, April 23, 2011, 09:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N2VWZ

My OBi100 is presently configured for 3 accounts:

SP1 Google Voice Line 1 (Default)
SP2 Google Voice Line 2 (**2)
Obitalk Network (**9)

Picking up the phone connects my telephone to Google Line 1 by default.

I would like to set up shortcuts to access each line quickly. For example;

I can program speedcall 8 to dial (**2) to connect my telephone to Google line 2.
I can program speed call 9 to dial (**9) to connect my telephone to the Obitalk network.

The problem here is that I would like a new dial tone to be present after dialing 8 and before dialing the 7 or 10 digit PSTN number on Google Line 2.  Likewise, if I dial 9 to make an Obitalk network call, I would like a new dialtone to appear after dialing 9 and before dialing the 9 digit Obitalk number.

How do I force a new dialtone to appear after dialing the SP2 or Obitalk access codes?

RonR

Quote from: N2VWZ on April 23, 2011, 09:46:30 AMI can program speedcall 8 to dial (**2) to connect my telephone to Google line 2.
I can program speed call 9 to dial (**9) to connect my telephone to the Obitalk network.

I'm curious how you're doing this.  I don't seem to get anything interesting to happen by putting **n in a Speed Dial.

RonR

Maybe you're putting the **n in your telephone's Speed Dial and not the OBi's Speed Dial.

To get a new dialtone after dialing **n, modify your PHONE Port Digitmap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]x?|911|**0|***|#|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|
**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**8{t=di2}(Mli)|**9{t=di2}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

N2VWZ

Quote from: RonR on April 23, 2011, 10:32:57 AM
Quote from: N2VWZ on April 23, 2011, 09:46:30 AMI can program speedcall 8 to dial (**2) to connect my telephone to Google line 2.

I'm curious how you're doing this.  I don't seem to get anything interesting to happen by putting **n in a Speed Dial.
I haven't actually tried dialing full numbers.  I get silence after dialing 8 (**2).  I presume that it is waiting for an additional  7 or 10 digit number to be dialed.

RonR

Quote from: N2VWZ on April 23, 2011, 10:56:56 AMI haven't actually tried dialing full numbers.  I get silence after dialing 8 (**2).  I presume that it is waiting for an additional  7 or 10 digit number to be dialed.

I can't get anything but a busy trying to use just **n in an OBi Speed Dial.

The second dialtone example I posted does work, however.  I've been using it here for some time.

N2VWZ

Quote from: RonR on April 23, 2011, 10:40:15 AM
Maybe you're putting the **n in your telephone's Speed Dial and not the OBi's Speed Dial.

To get a new dialtone after dialing **n, modify your PHONE Port Digitmap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]x?|911|**0|***|#|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|
**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**8{t=di2}(Mli)|**9{t=di2}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

My default OBI100 phone port Digit Map looks like this:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

It's a bit different from the example that you provided.

I added {t=di2} (3 places after the **1, **2 and **9 codes) in the existing Phone Port Digit Map.

I'm getting a new dialtone after dialing a **code manually but the speed dial short cuts for the **codes do not work.  There's no second dial tone - just silence.  

Is there another way (other than speed dial) to invoke the **codes with a single button press?

RonR

Quote from: N2VWZ on April 23, 2011, 11:23:02 AMMy default OBI100 phone port Digit Map looks like this:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

It's a bit different from the example that you provided.

That's the same DigitMap I posted except:

|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|

was optimized to:

|[1-9]x?|

and your DigitMap is missing **8 support.

Quote from: N2VWZ on April 23, 2011, 11:23:02 AMI'm getting a new dialtone after dialing a **code manually but the speed dial short cuts for the **codes do not work.  There's no second dial tone - just silence.  

Is there another way (other than speed dial) to invoke the **codes with a single button press?

I haven't found a way to put just **n in a Speed Dial and get it to work under any scenario.  Speed Dial's are implemented a little funky in the OBi.  They're partly in the DigitMap and partly hard coded into the DMP.

jimates

N2VWZ ,

You can shorted the prefix to 2 key presses instead of 3 by editing the Phone Port DigitMap & OutboundCallRoute.

Remove one of the * (*2, *9)

Probably since you don't have a line port you could also assign the # key to one line. Using the second dial tone it would be just like getting the line dial tone on a Obi110.
You could probably even go as far as assigning * to one line, # to another and then the default which requires no key entry.

No, I guess since the * is used to access the AA you can't use it by itself. Unless of course you don't feel a need to access the AA from the phone port.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on April 23, 2011, 09:39:04 PM
N2VWZ ,

You can shorted the prefix to 2 key presses instead of 3 by editing the Phone Port DigitMap & OutboundCallRoute.

Remove one of the * (*2, *9)

While technically this works, it gets all tangled up with *xx Star Code features and second dialtones.

For example, *81 gets a second dialtone as soon as you dial *8, and then when you dial the 1, there's a 2 second delay that's not normally there while the OBi decides it's a Star Code feature you've dialed.  Very messy and confusing.

Quote from: jimates on April 23, 2011, 09:39:04 PMProbably since you don't have a line port you could also assign the # key to one line. Using the second dial tone it would be just like getting the line dial tone on a Obi110.
You could probably even go as far as assigning * to one line, # to another and then the default which requires no key entry.

Using * and # to get a logical connection to the SP1, SP2, or OBiTALK service doesn't work like # does on the LINE Port.  There's special case code on the LINE Port for this to work and that code isn't present on anything else (it really doesn't make sense as only the LINE Port accepts real-time dialing).  And even if it did work, you have all the confusion previously described.

jimates

Well, as for myself I see no great pain in dialing 2 extra digits to get to where I want to go.

But the OP asked if there was any way to single dial to get to one of the additional services. So if they want to get single press option and give up star codes and the AA, it can be done. Personally I have never used a star code or similar feature on any phone, ever. But everyone's use is different.

QuoteUsing * and # to get a logical connection to the SP1, SP2, or OBiTALK service doesn't work like # does on the LINE Port.  There's special case code on the LINE Port for this to work and that code isn't present on anything else (it really doesn't make sense as only the LINE Port accepts real-time dialing).  And even if it did work, you have all the confusion previously described.
It doesn't have to be a logical connection. With the map & route edited, # can give a second dial tone on sp2 the same as pressing **2 does, and pressing * can do the same thing.

And even if it did work, it will work.
You should know that you can manipulate this thing to do almost anything you want. Depending on what other configurations you want to make you could encounter some major conflicts, but everyone's use is different.

And you don't have to give up the AA if you replace the * with another digit you won't use. I could replace * with the digit 9 and get along just fine. But star codes are the only real conflict if you dial the second * fast enough you can still access the attendants.

RonR

Yes, you can redesign the entire dialing syntax, but what you're proposing is a considerable amount of change to the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute to effect a new dialing methodology.  I may be wrong, but I doubt that's what the OP is looking to do at this stage.  It also seems to me to be overkill just to avoid dialing the occasional **n prefix.

jimates

Quote from: RonR on April 23, 2011, 10:58:05 PM
Yes, you can redesign the entire dialing syntax, but what you're proposing is a considerable amount of change to the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute to effect a new dialing methodology.  I may be wrong, but I doubt that's what the OP is looking to do at this stage.  It also seems to me to be overkill just to avoid dialing the occasional **n prefix.

I agree with the last sentence. As far as the first sentence, there are only 2 changes to make in each place.

There is no telling what the OP wants to do if they desire to eliminate pressing 2 digits from the default dialing sequence.

On the Obi100 # can be assigned in place of **9 because there is no line port & **2 can be shortened to *2 which does no conflict with star codes in any way.

default digit map

edit to
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|*2(Msp2)|#(Mpp)|(Mpli))

default outbound call route
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Edit to
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<*2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<#:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Or switch them up, *9 does not conflict with star codes either