News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo for ObiTalk (Approved Service Provider)

Started by AlanB, March 04, 2014, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanB

Quote from: Marty.ba.calif.usa on March 14, 2014, 12:52:25 PM
One thing I don't understand is the outgoing CallerID.  I found out how to set the number, but I guess the name is whatever you used to sign up.  It acts like you can set a name in the account preferences, where there is a big list of names/phone number entries, but I can't figure out how to use it (web call only?).

See Item 6 in my original post.  Out going caller ID with name is not available, just with number.

c3c3

Quote from: AlanB on March 16, 2014, 11:24:56 AM
One thing I don't understand is the outgoing CallerID.  I found out how to set the number, but I guess the name is whatever you used to sign up.  It acts like you can set a name in the account preferences, where there is a big list of names/phone number entries, but I can't figure out how to use it (web call only?).

See Item 6 in my original post.  Out going caller ID with name is not available, just with number.

I think Marty has Personal Unlimited, in which case outbound CNAM should be available.

MikeHObi

Then I signed up for the Anveo personal account at $2.80/month.  

Under My Account, Account Preferences, Custom Caller ID Numbers.  Enter a name, that name will be the custom caller name.  Pick a country code.  Enter your 10 digit phone number.  Take a close look and make sure you have the right number. Then press Update at the bottom of the list.
The list will refresh and you will see the status for your number is Unverified with a button now available to click on that says Verify.

You need to click on the verify button and then follow the instructions.  In general it will walk you through a process of calling the number you entered and telling you a code to enter when you answer the call.  You must enter the code it shows you on the screen.  If successful when you refresh the list you will see a Status of Verified.  Once it is verified  you can go to your "sip device registration" area and pick that number from the list for outbound callerID.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

AlanB

Quote from: jsteuart on March 07, 2014, 02:41:51 PM
Signed up for the basic Anveo plan.  Mostly satisfied, BUT:

> No voicemail transcription in the plan.  Not even a paid option.

Will go back forwarding my GVoice # to get this back.

Don't do much outbound calling on the landline nowadays, so we'll see if the 250 minutes is an issue.

I finally messed around with Voicemail some.  I got a call and received an e-mail with both voicemail transcription and a WAV file attached.  Transcription in a 60 second voicemail was perfect except for a proper noun.

It does state that transcription is not available, so I was hesitant to post this. 

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Quote from: MikeHObi on March 16, 2014, 05:04:14 PM
Then I signed up for the Anveo personal account at $2.80/month.  

Under My Account, Account Preferences, Custom Caller ID Numbers.  Enter a name, that name will be the custom caller name.  Pick a country code.  Enter your 10 digit phone number.  Take a close look and make sure you have the right number. Then press Update at the bottom of the list.
The list will refresh and you will see the status for your number is Unverified with a button now available to click on that says Verify.

You need to click on the verify button and then follow the instructions.  In general it will walk you through a process of calling the number you entered and telling you a code to enter when you answer the call.  You must enter the code it shows you on the screen.  If successful when you refresh the list you will see a Status of Verified.  Once it is verified  you can go to your "sip device registration" area and pick that number from the list for outbound callerID.
I did that, and the outgoing number is the one I chose, but not the name.

I'm also evaluating voip.ms, and there, the caller ID is what I chose on my obi110.  But for Anveo, it's not from the Obi110, nor is it the one on the Anveo website - not the custom ID numbers, and not even the name shown for the main account page.  It comes through as my full formal name, in the form "Last, First MI".  Not as nice as on voip.ms, where I have both my first name and my wife's.  I don't really go by my formal first name, so it looks strange, probably.

The Anveo site makes it look like I could choose which one to use from the list by dialing *01, *02, etc, but that doesn't work at all.

lancebro

hi,

i have been using 2 Google Voice accounts with an Obi100 up to now.  one is my number and one is my wife's.  i successfully provisioned a new Anveo account for me on SP2 to replace the previous GV provisioning. i have GV set to forward to the anveo number and have caller id spoofing to display my GV# on outgoing calls.

all good so far.

now, my question.  when i choose to re-provision my wife's number on SP1 w/ a new Anveo #.  do i use my existing Anveo account and just order a new DID under manage phone numbers? or do i need to create a whole new separate account w/ Anveo for her number.  am i making sense?

thanks,
Lance

AlanB

Quote from: lancebro on March 17, 2014, 08:22:44 PM

now, my question.  when i choose to re-provision my wife's number on SP1 w/ a new Anveo #.  do i use my existing Anveo account and just order a new DID under manage phone numbers? or do i need to create a whole new separate account w/ Anveo for her number.  am i making sense?

thanks,
Lance

I would say the answer depends on your needs.

Reasons for one account:
1) No need for additional 911 number -- save on fees
2) No reason to keep call records private (Anveo can keep separate lists I think).
3) No reason for separate accounting
4) One of you doesn't mind extra steps for outgoing calls.  I'm not sure what those steps are, but I think you can designate which CallerID will show up.

Reasons for two accounts:
Well the opposite of the above I guess.

I'm no expert but that's my two cents worth.

c3c3

Lance, you have to define how the inbound and outbound calls should be handled.  For example, if you don't care about mixing incoming calls, just forward your wife's GV number to the same Anveo number.

AlanB

Quote from: c3c3 on March 15, 2014, 12:18:13 PM
Quote from: AlanB on March 04, 2014, 06:03:39 PM
7) Minor detail but Anveo cycles all end on the 14th of the month.  So, your first month will be prorated and the difference will be credited to your account balance to be used as necessary.

It looks like the outbound minutes are based on the actual sign up date, not the 15th-to-14th billing cycle.  Today is the 15th, and my outbound minutes have not reset.

Mine reset today, the 18th.  I joined on the 28th, so it has not been 30 days yet.    I did contact customer service with a question.  Maybe they reset it for some reason, although I suspect that it's coincidence.  c3c3, did your's reset?

AlanB

Something to be aware of.  In the IVR call flows, you can use Robotalk.  There are some premium options.  The charges are not listed there.  They are listed in the Terms of Use (https://www.anveo.com/legal.asp).

44. PREMIUM TEXT TO SPEECH
A speech generated using Premium Text To Speech Voices will be charged $0.001 per character when initial speech is generated and $0.0001 per character per playback when pre-generated speech audio is played. Speech is always rounded up to the nearest multiple of 150 characters. Pre-generated speech is stored locally on VOIP node and changes to call routing/handling may require a new speech to be generated.

AlanB

Quote from: c3c3 on March 18, 2014, 07:58:42 PM
Quote from: AlanB on March 18, 2014, 07:49:13 PM
c3c3, did your's reset?

nope
Maybe it wasn't coincidence then that I had a question for customer service on my account.

c3c3

Quote from: AlanB on March 18, 2014, 08:04:10 PM
Maybe it wasn't coincidence then that I had a question for customer service on my account.

Anveo support said that the account is reset on the 15th GMT time.  I had a long call at night on the 14th, which was already 15th GMT, so I did not realize that.  Don't know what happened in your case.

AlanB

Quote from: c3c3 on March 19, 2014, 09:51:48 AM
Anveo support said that the account is reset on the 15th GMT time.  I had a long call at night on the 14th, which was already 15th GMT, so I did not realize that.  Don't know what happened in your case.

Maybe I just didn't notice it reset.  I looked at the list of outgoing calls made since the 15th GMT.  My starting balance minus all the minutes that show in the report exactly equals my minutes left for this period.  So, that's now known.  I'll update my original post to include this detail.

c3c3

Anveo has added a couple of check boxes for the ObiTalk plans.

MikeHObi: "Obi202 user - 3/17/2014 8pm Unlock GV Number, Request Port from Aveo. 3/18/2014 2pm Anveo Acknowledges Receipt of request."  The recommendation is to wait at least 3 business days after unlocking before requesting port out.

AlanB, did you put the pin code on the porting form, even though it says "if porting a cell phone number"?

AlanB

Quote from: c3c3 on March 21, 2014, 10:16:32 AM
Anveo has added a couple of check boxes for the ObiTalk plans.

AlanB, did you put the pin code on the porting form, even though it says "if porting a cell phone number"?
No, I just sent screenshots with my Google Voice number and one showing that it was unlocked for porting.  I don't port from a "cell phone".

c3c3

Quote from: AlanB on March 21, 2014, 01:39:47 PM
No, I just sent screenshots with my Google Voice number and one showing that it was unlocked for porting.  I don't port from a "cell phone".

Good, because I didn't put it on the form either.  I'm still waiting for my port submitted on 3/14.  I have seen people talking about the PIN for GV port out.  For example:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7257.msg46637#msg46637

AlanB

That link refernences the original GV number as well.  I can't recall if I created my GV account by porting a number or had an original one.  Probably the latter.   For my account number I put {email}@gmail.com.  That worked fine.

_brett

So I signed up for the special unlimited Obihai deal, and deposited $84 + $10 extra. I also put in a port from GV request (USA number) which I thought was free with an unlimited plan. The port was initiated last night. So of course Anveo charged my account $15 for the port, and now my line is locked up because of the negative balance. So is the port suppose to be free or not?

c3c3

Quote from: _brett on March 24, 2014, 07:14:26 PMSo is the port suppose to be free or not?

No, the free port offer does not apply to the ObiTalk plans.