News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo for ObiTalk (Approved Service Provider)

Started by AlanB, March 04, 2014, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHObi

Quote from: logicliker on April 15, 2014, 05:04:41 PM
Thanks for the response.

Can you share what the cheaper option is?

The cheaper option really depends on your individual circumstance.  The supported programs by Obihai are probably the cheapest if their limitations work for you.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Conchd

I set up Anveo with a google voice number and still have google voice set up on the obitalk portal. My voice mail stutter time stays on even though my voice mail box in google voice is empty and I can't call from the spoofed google voice extension. Do I need to remove google voice from the obi100 and only have Anveo in the config tool?

AlanB

Quote from: Conchd on April 16, 2014, 08:13:36 AM
I set up Anveo with a google voice number and still have google voice set up on the obitalk portal. My voice mail stutter time stays on even though my voice mail box in google voice is empty and I can't call from the spoofed google voice extension. Do I need to remove google voice from the obi100 and only have Anveo in the config tool?
What do you mean when you say you can't call from the spoofed Google Voice extension?

Assuming Anveo is SP2 can you make a call using it?

kentk

Why is Vestalink  not down as an approved provider?   Why do they not have a link right beside Anveo?

AlanB

Quote from: kentk on April 16, 2014, 04:43:56 PM
Why is Vestalink  not down as an approved provider?   Why do they not have a link right beside Anveo?
They and Obihai have apparently not reached an agreement on this matter. That does not stop you from choosing other providers.

logicliker

Does anybody have a link to a step by step guide for current home Obi-Google Voice users who want to keep Google Voice, but use the forwarding option with Anveo (without porting google voice #, just using the forwarding option, and customize the guide for those who already have Anveo on SP2 for e911 service).

lol wow -- this is going to be way too technical for 90% of the current Obi customers.

c3c3

Quote from: logicliker on April 17, 2014, 06:38:59 PM
Does anybody have a link to a step by step guide for current home Obi-Google Voice users who want to keep Google Voice, but use the forwarding option with Anveo (without porting google voice #, just using the forwarding option, and customize the guide for those who already have Anveo on SP2 for e911 service).

If you want a regular monthly Anveo plan:
1. Order a new phone number.
2. Add your GV number as a custom caller ID and verify it.
3. Go to SIP Device Registration and select that number as the outbound caller ID.

If you want one of the annual Obi-Anveo plans:
1. Go to www.obitalk.com and delete Anveo on SP2.
2. Ask Anveo to move the current account to another email address so you can sign up a new account with the current email address, or simply sign up a new account with another email address.  I don't know if Anveo has improved the process to convert an existing account automatically.  Updated 5/12/2014: This step is no longer needed.
3. The sign-up process will ask you for the GV number and set it up as the outbound caller ID.

For both:
4. Change the GV setting to forward calls to the new Anveo number.
5. Go to www.obitalk.com and delete GV on SP1.

I would highly recommend porting instead of forwarding, but that's your choice.

logicliker

Cedarboy

Experts:

I have subscribed to the $40 plan from Anveo and provisioned the OBI through OBItalk. The status is showing as registered but I am not able to make calls or receive calls. When I call the number I purchased through Anveo, it just rings and goes to voicemail. When I try to call out, it says "no service".

Any pointers on what to do? I have opened a support ticket with OBI but no one has responded yet. I don't want to tinker with the OBIExpert as it is supposed to be automatically provisioned when I go through the approved service providers link.

Thanks

MikePA

Quote from: Cedarboy on April 23, 2014, 01:11:20 PM
Any pointers on what to do? I have opened a support ticket with OBI but no one has responded yet. I don't want to tinker with the OBIExpert as it is supposed to be automatically provisioned when I go through the approved service providers link.
I have Anveo as well.

In all the years I've had the OBI/GV combination, I've had to power cycle the OBI less than 5 times.

Since I've reset the OBI and installed Anveo, I've had to power cycle the OBI daily because the connection to Anveo drops, i.e., it shows as Not Connected on the Anveo dashboard.

I suggest checking the status of your connection on the Anveo dashboard.

Cedarboy

Status on Anveo dashboard says 'Online' and OBI dashboard says 'Registered' for SP1, so not sure why it is not working for me.

AlanB

Note, porting from Google Voice can now supposedly be completed in one hour.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7788.0

You will need to log in to your Anveo account first, and the info will display in the "Service News and Updates"

Port your Google Voice number to Anveo for FREE!

[April 24 2014 1:00 PM EST] We are pleased to release LNP portal and now offer fully automated porting process from Google Voice to Anveo. Porting from Google Voice is free and phone numbers are switched from Google Voice to Anveo within just 1 hour! You can initiate porting from PHONE NUMBERS menu at the top -> PORT AN EXISTING PHONE NUMBER menu option or simply open URL to Porting Portal

DaveKr

Just some notes.

I did the $39.99 Basic plan, put on SP2, and forward GV (GV is on SP1) to the new Anveo Phone Number.  This was a few minutes of my time and no issues. 

The SIP password is not available (OP note #1, most likely to ensure this package is only used on the Obi).  In hindsight, I find this "hiding the SIP password" implementation more annoying after I signed up.  I would like to be able to configure my device manually and make changes on the device itself without worry of the password I never will know getting lost.

OK, it's really bugging me for a few days now that I might not be able to restore my device, so time to try a re-provision to see what happens.  At worst, maybe I'm out $5 for a support call, or maybe $39.99 if it breaks completely. 

1. Deleted SP1 (GV), leaving SP2 still configured for Anveo
2. Re-provisioned from the OBitalk interface (there is a link at the bottom within the Anveo approved service provider deal page on OBitalk to restore to an existing Anveo account)
3. This set up Anveo on SP1 with a registered status, however, Anveo was still configured on SP2, with registration failed status. 
4. Deleted SP2
5. Calls still came in and I was still on the $39.99 deal
6. On the original install, the sip was pointed to sip.ca.anveo.com, on the re-provision, it was sip.anveo.com (I am in the US).

So as long as OBitalk keeps that restore link and process, you can, minimally, recover the initial configuration for the Anveo OBitalk deal.

dfresh

Have been using the Basic serice for about a month, keeping Google Voice forwarding to my new Anveo #. Service pretty good but I do get what others have reported: occasionally calls go straight to Google Voicemail after a ring or two. The worst problem is I cannot call Google voicemail from the verified Anveo #???? Have refigured many times. I do have the GoogleVoice # as spoof outgoing caller id.

AlanB

Quote from: dfresh on April 30, 2014, 05:40:17 PM
Have been using the Basic serice for about a month, keeping Google Voice forwarding to my new Anveo #. Service pretty good but I do get what others have reported: occasionally calls go straight to Google Voicemail after a ring or two. The worst problem is I cannot call Google voicemail from the verified Anveo #???? Have refigured many times. I do have the GoogleVoice # as spoof outgoing caller id.
Why not add your Anveo number as a CallerID number and use that CallerID when calling GV.

Not related to this, but the year I used GV with my Obi, I could never call GV Voicemail from my Obi.

Rick

I'm getting ready to pick a provider, and leaning towards Anveo.  I really don't like having to provision via the portal, but if I have to do that I will then disable things so it cannot be changed (and nothing else done).

I called Anveo and determined that the OBi-specific plans have a 30 day full money back guarantee, but after 30 days if you leave you forfeit the annual pre-payment.  

Porting in is still free and will be until May 15th, and porting out is always free.  I'm not going to port initially, making sure things work the way I hope, but I need to see what features (if any) of GV I would want to keep to have me not port.  I suspect there are few/none.  

I will probably leave my 2nd GV number just forwarded, and when I make calls on it simply have GV ring my phone and then complete the call.  Still reading though...

Based on my experience with Callcentric through their hacking episode and the Northeast storm (and learning they had no redundancy and relied on the landlord's generator which failed), I wasn't leaning towards them anyway.  I don't know how people setup non-US accounts when you have to provide credit card billing info, I guess people use PayPal instead of a credit card to get around that.

AlanB

Quote from: Rick on May 07, 2014, 08:52:25 AM

I called Anveo and determined that the OBi-specific plans have a 30 day full money back guarantee, but after 30 days if you leave you forfeit the annual pre-payment.  

I don't think the 30 day guarantee has been well communicated.  I'll edit the first post to indicate this.

kaborka

Quote from: c3c3 on April 17, 2014, 11:59:04 PM
<snip>
If you want one of the annual Obi-Anveo plans:
1. Go to www.obitalk.com and delete Anveo on SP2.
2. Ask Anveo to move the current account to another email address so you can sign up a new account with the current email address, or simply sign up a new account with another email address.  I don't know if Anveo has improved the process to convert an existing account automatically.
3. The sign-up process will ask you for the GV number and set it up as the outbound caller ID.
<snip>
I would highly recommend porting instead of forwarding, but that's your choice.

It is not necessary to create a new Anveo account if you already have one (e.g.,  E911).  Here's what I did to add a NEW Anveo number to my Obi: link

AlanB

I think what c3c3 wrote was true at the time. I'll update my original post to include your link.