News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem Access the OBi Device Management Web Page

Started by cau9cui, April 23, 2011, 03:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cau9cui

I dialed ***1 to get the IP address, 192.168.1.1, then I typed it on the browser address field.  It showed me my Linksys WRT54G router.  How can I access the OBi device management web page?  Please Help, thanks.

RonR

Have you made any changes to the OBi's configuration through any means?  If not, the OBi should be using DHCP to obtain an IP address from your router, and it should not be the router's IP address.

You can always reset the OBi to factory defaults using the reset button accessible through the bottom of the OBi.  Keep it depressed a considerable amount of time until the OBi reboots.  Then see if it gets a more proper IP address.

jimates

Quote from: cau9cui on April 23, 2011, 03:10:48 PM
I dialed ***1 to get the IP address, 192.168.1.1, then I typed it on the browser address field.  It showed me my Linksys WRT54G router.  How can I access the OBi device management web page?  Please Help, thanks.

Dial ***1 again and listen more carefully, you are missing some digits that the attendant gives. There is no pause in the delivery of the address and the dhcp status from the attendant. This is a common mistake, especially when the last number is a 4.

see how this would sound. your i p address is 192 dot 168 dot 1 dot 1 1 4yourdhcp...... without any pause

I find that all of my devices had 3 digits at the end 192.168.1.1xx

This can also be a problem when using the Obion app from a cell phone. You listen, move the phone away to press a number, and before you get the phone back to your ear the attendant is already giving the next directive.

I asked them if it was possible to change it and add some delay, but I got no response and I guess it isn't  a problem for anyone else.

cau9cui

Quote from: jimates on April 23, 2011, 11:40:15 PM
Quote from: cau9cui on April 23, 2011, 03:10:48 PM
I dialed ***1 to get the IP address, 192.168.1.1, then I typed it on the browser address field.  It showed me my Linksys WRT54G router.  How can I access the OBi device management web page?  Please Help, thanks.

Dial ***1 again and listen more carefully, you are missing some digits that the attendant gives. There is no pause in the delivery of the address and the dhcp status from the attendant. This is a common mistake, especially when the last number is a 4.

see how this would sound. your i p address is 192 dot 168 dot 1 dot 1 1 4yourdhcp...... without any pause

I find that all of my devices had 3 digits at the end 192.168.1.1xx

This can also be a problem when using the Obion app from a cell phone. You listen, move the phone away to press a number, and before you get the phone back to your ear the attendant is already giving the next directive.

I asked them if it was possible to change it and add some delay, but I got no response and I guess it isn't  a problem for anyone else.

Thanks to RonR and jimates for your quick helps, I followed your advices to listen to the IP again and I got it now, it was my mistake exactly as jimates said.  Thanks again for your great advices.