News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing out with Google Voice and Obivoice

Started by klystron01, March 06, 2014, 10:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klystron01

Purchased an OBi202 about a year ago and had it set up with Google Voice.  Everything had worked fine until about Oct or Nov of last year.  We started to have problems dialing out.  For instance, if we dialed (205)-124-3456, then Google Voice would detect that a phone call was going out with the number 2524456, which would give a busy signal of some sort.  I thought it had something to do with firmware so I didn't pursue it, however we have swapped to Obivoice for testing.  We are still getting the same problem.  You dial a number and only a part of it will try to make the outside call.  Can anyone help me on what this problem may be?

I have everything going to Phone 1 and nothing to Phone 2.
E911 is active and I have the 7-digit dialing active for 205.
I know everything else is set correctly, because every now and then a phone call will go out and I do receive phone calls.

Thanks in advance

AlanB

Sorry for asking, but Are you positive all the keys work properly on your phone?

klystron01

I honestly wish I could say I haven't tested that, but I can't.  I have tried my cordless phones, my phone on the wall in the kitchen, and the fax phone just to try something totally different.  Even went to the task of placing a dialer on the computer and using the phone jack, and the darn thing will only pick up certain numbers when I dial.