News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 and Vestalink Outbound Phone Numbers Garbled

Started by DavidW, March 11, 2014, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

I have been using my Obi happily for years now with GV. I recently moved it to Vestalink which seems to offer a decent package and ok service (so far). I just used their online tool to configure the Obi. However in this configuration I get a problem with outbound calls about 33% of the time. What happens is that the number I am dialing (and see displayed on my phone's LCD) is somehow getting garbled. After the DTMF tones I hear a bit of silence and then an error message comes on saying the number dialed is bad. This message includes a read-back of the phone number that is bad. However this number is not what I dialed and is shown on the phone's LCD. After 1-2 more attempts of hanging up and redialing the number, I generally manage to get through. Obviously, this is a PIA.

I have used this setup with GV for years without ever seeing this issue. It is only after the switch to Vestalink. Has anyone else been seeing this? Might it be a problem with the configuration setup they put into my Obi? I really know little about this.

Thanks

ceg3

Don't have any idea that this will fix it, but you could try ***81 to reset your OBi to factory and again run the easy setup tool.  You never know. ;D Maybe your setup was somehow corrupted when you ran it the first time.