News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Support for CallWithUs Tollfree Free Relay

Started by Arghtastic, March 05, 2014, 07:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghtastic

If you haven't noticed, CallWithUs offers free no-account-required calling to tollfree numbers.  After the most recent firmware upgrade on my Obi202, the workaround I had (registered an account anway) doesn't seem to work anymore and Obi202 does not let you enter a service without a username and password. 

Can you please add official support for this?

Arghtastic

PS.  Here's the text from CallWithUs that describes their free service.

"Toll free service: if you need to terminate calls to US toll free numbers, send SIP calls to tf.callwithus.com, accepted area codes are 1800, 1888, 1877, 1866, 1855 and 1844, codec G711u. You don't need to have an account with us to terminate calls to TF numbers. "

azrobert

Setup a Voice Gateway.

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups:

Select any Voice Gateway

Name: CallWithUs
AccessNumber: sp2(tf.callwithus.com)
AuthUserID: 4805551212

sp2 can be any SP number.
It must be active and defined as SIP.
The person receiving the call will see AuthUserID as your CallerID.

To test setup a Speed Dial like this:
vg1(18668677644)

vg1 is the Voice Gateway number you used.

There are numerous posts on how to setup routing to a Voice Gateway.

See the next post.

azrobert

Change the Voice Gateway DigitMap to this:
(18(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port

Add this to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:

{(Mvg1):vg1},

Dial 18005551212 to be routed out VG1
Dial 8005551212 to be routed out the Primary Line.

Edit:

The last sentence isn't true.
To make it true:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DigitMap:
Add After the beginning parenthesis: xxxxxxxxxx|

So it looks like this:
(xxxxxxxxxx|.........current rules.......)

Arghtastic

This isn't what's needed.  I don't want to re-route all tollfree calls.  I want to have a backup line/service.  That tollfree relay doesn't need a user and password, but the Obihai202 requires a user and password. . . . no problem right?  Just go register for a callwithus account, but the problem is they delete accounts with no balance every few weeks.  

This is very annoying.  All we need are some simple changes to the Obihai202 to use this free service.

KAura

Sounds like you need to have a positive balance so your account doesn't get deleted.

Arghtastic

That's right.  But I want to be able to use the free service.  If use the free service with the current Obi202 limitations, that means every couple of weeks I need to make a new account.  I don't want to re-route all my toll-free calls with a Gateway, I just want an alternate service that doesn't cost.  And it's right there for me to use, but Obi is limiting me.

Quote from: KAura on April 07, 2014, 09:21:50 AM
Sounds like you need to have a positive balance so your account doesn't get deleted.

gderf

Give them the minimum amount of $5.00 which nets your account about $4.70. If you don't make any calls that require payment, the account balance will stay the same and will not expire.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Arghtastic

Quote from: gderf on April 07, 2014, 09:57:26 AM
Give them the minimum amount of $5.00 which nets your account about $4.70. If you don't make any calls that require payment, the account balance will stay the same and will not expire.

True, but this should be a simple enhancement request.  If the Obi team is paying attention.

gderf

Explain in detail what form the enhancement you desire would take and what about it would be simple for Obihai or other ATA vendors to make.

You would probably have better luck trying to convince CallWithUs to allow creating free accounts that don't expire with a zero balance, but are limited to making in network and toll free calls only. Maybe if you asked them nicely they would lower the minimum buy to $1.00.

CallWithUs isn't the only VoIP provider out there that offers free termination of US toll free calls. But AFAIK, they all do it the same way - send them as SIP calls without registration.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

hwittenb

Arghtastic

Callwithus does not require that you have an account with them to use the service.  They do not authenticate the toll free call.  They just take the sip invite and place the call using whatever number you put in the AuthUserID as the caller id as azrobert posted. 

azrobert did not say in his instructions that you had to have an account with callwithus.  You setup the Voice Gateway, say as VG1, as azrobert posted and you setup to use VG1 for a call whenever you wish to use callwithus's toll free service.  You don't have to set it up for all toll free calls if you don't want to.

You do need to have the SPx that your Voice Gateway references setup for sip.  It doesn't necessarily need to be setup to register.  The SPx can be setup for any sip provider. 

giqcass

The Obi does what you want it to do.  Follow AzRoberts suggestion but instead of this

QuoteAdd this to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:

{(Mvg1):vg1},

Do this

Add this to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:

EDIT:**5 is already in use!
{(<**5:>(Mvg1)):vg1},

Now you can dial **5 and the toll free number you want to dial.

{(<**7:>(Mvg1)):vg1},

Now you can dial **7 and the toll free number you want to dial.
Long live our new ObiLords!